Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things...

Some of my favorite blogs are doing a post about their favorite things. So, I decided I would do mine too. And, I skipped the most obvious family, friends, and faith. =)


1. Food and Firebirds.... yum!!
This is one of my all time favorite restaurants! The food is yummy, the drinks are delish and the service is always outstanding. My husband says hands down they have the best steaks! So, if you've never been.. you need to go! Jamie and I had a date night Friday night and it was much overdue. We had some yummy steak, delicious ranch ring appetizers..they are like onion rings but better!! =) Yummy, yummy salads.. I just love their BLT salads!! I could eat those all the time. I love how they cut everything up so small in the salad. We were too full to eat dessert..but I'm sure it is delicious too. If you go, you will have to try my 2nd favorite thing.


2. Iced Cherry Limeade...
So, this is my new favorite drink from Firebirds. I must say I am not one to try new things.. I know, I need to do better.. but I'm always afraid I won't like something. Jamie saw this on the menu and he told me to just try it since I do love Sonic's cherry limeade. So, I asked the waitress.. she said it was yummy, so what the heck! I tried it.. and let me tell you.. it was oh, so good! It tasted just like Sonic's but with a kick. I will definitly have to get it again.. and my Red Rocks Rita that I do love too!! You'll have to try it the next time you go!


3. Nicholas Sparks...
He is my favorite author of all times and I just love all his books.. you know, he wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, and many, many more. Some of his books were made into movies too and I just love when he comes out with a new book. I usually have it read within a week and this time, I'm trying to pace myself. But, they are soo good you can't put them down. His newest one came out about a week ago.. The Last Song and I can't wait to read it all! If you are a reader, you will definitly want to pick up some of his books. I recommend all of them!




4. Ann Taylor Loft...
Clothes are definitly a weakness of mine.. I love them all and I love to get new ones. But, I must say since we have moved, my priorities have changed and I have not been shopping lately. I love Ann Taylor Loft though. I think they have the cutest clothes and accessories. Which I am trying to do better about buying. =)Also, my best friend, Colleen has a new line of children's clothing.. Wonderfully Made Clothing! So, please check out her site http://www.wonderfullymadeclothing.com/ and email her and let her know what you think. She is just know getting started and she is doing a great job. She has some precious things for boys and girls and I am very proud of her for starting this new venture in her life. I've had fun going with her to fabric shows and seeing the "behind the scenes work." She is a hard worker for sure! I love ya girl!





5. Volitale Shoes...
These are my favorite shoes of all times! They are the most comfortable shoes ever and I live in them in the spring and summer. If you've never tried them, you definitly should. They go with everything and you will wear them all the time. I'm stocking up for next year and buying some new ones now that are on sale!

6. Football...
WAR EAGLE!! I love this time of the year just because of football season. I love the fall weather, being outside, having football parties, and just enjoying the calmness before the Thanksgiving/Christmas craziness begins....



7. Christmas...
Christmas is my favorite holiday for sure! I love getting together with family and friends and celebrating the real meaning of Christmas.. our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The holiday season can be crazy for sure, but I love the spirit of Christmas and how nice people are to each other! (well.. usually) I love to buy presents for others.. it just makes me happy! It won't be long and it will be here.. boy, do I need to start shopping!


8. Desserts...
I love all kinds of desserts.. cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes.. yum! They are my weaknesses but I have a new dessert, Fudge Pie that I am crazy about because it is sooo good and soo easy to make! I got the recipe from another blogger and I swear, I think I make it at least once a week. My husband LOVES it and I know you will too. So, here's the recipe..

1 stick of melted butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup self rising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 ready to bake pie crust (the frozen kind)

All you do is mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.. use a fork to mix together..you don't need to use a mixer.... then, pour it into the pie crust and bake at 300 for 45 minutes.. That's it!
I know, so easy! Take it out.. let it cool and add some vanilla ice cream.. I promise it will melt in your mouth it is so good.


9. Reality TV...
I know, I am crazy but I am a true reality TV fan. I LOVE Big Brother, Biggest Loser and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I just get so wrapped up in it and I am hooked from the start. Am I the only one who likes all these shows?? Tell me what your favorite show to watch is?? I'm always up for a new one... I also love HGTV and all those shows. I used to laugh at my parents for watching all those, but now I love them too. I guess that means I am getting old. =)

10. Votivo Candles..
Well.. this may be kinda random, but I have just recently bought one of these candles and I LOVE it. It smells up the whole room and it doesn't even have to burn long. My favorite one is called Red Current and I find myself lighting it all the time. I guess I am obsessed.. so, thanks Colleen for telling me about them. I do love them!

Well.., there you have it.. My ten, kinda random favorites! I hope you'll try some of them out and let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you.. so, tell me what some of your favorites are!

No comments: