Monday, December 24, 2012

Burkleigh Ann is 18 months..

Sister.. you are a mess these days!
You like to stick your finger up your nose when we ask you to point to your nose.  
Then,  you laugh when I say "little girls don't do that" and I grab your finger.
You do it over and over.. ha!
Weight: Not sure.. we go friday for your 18 mo checkup
Clothes: 12-18 months
Diaper: size 4
Shoe: size 5
You love the Christmas tree and ornaments.  You can turn the tree on and off with your foot and you love to do that.  You also love the ornaments.  I gave you a few to play with when I was putting the tree up and I didn't know you would become OBSESSED with them and want to carry them everywhere you go. 
You have pretty much broken them but that's okay and if I try to hide one and put it away you notice and want it back.  You like to put them in your purse and take them out and put back in.  
This is the picture I get when I ask you to stand in front of the tree and smile.  ha.
At least you can follow one step directions.. most of the time!
You love to dump your puzzles out and sit in your bucket and play.
You HATE having your diaper changed from me and will pitch a fit when I try.
It's no fun.. you don't like getting your clothes on either.
Mimi and Aunt Jodi say you don't fit them too much but you definitly do for me.
I've tried to start asking you to help me and let you go get the diaper and wipes and bring them to me and you always do.  When I ask you to lay down on the floor, you usually cooperate better than on your changing table. 
You love to take the diapers to the trash and throw them away.
You really like to throw any trash away. 
You understand everything we say to you and you amaze me how quickly you catch on.
You still LOVE Barney and must watch him every morning when you get up.
Lately, you've been in a stage where you don't want to eat much but you want to drink your milk.
If only we could get you to drink it out of a cup instead of a bottle.. you just won't.
You love everything else in a cup..water, juice, tea, cream soda.. ha!
You really love ketchup and love to eat chicken nuggets dipped in ketchup.
You also love ranch dressing and dipping your carrots in them.  
You want to sit/climb on all your little toys.  
You still love this little bus.  You push it around everywhere.
You love your baby dolls too and books.
You love to open and shut doors and turn lights on and off.
You scared mommy the other night when you were playing in the bathroom.You were inside the door and I was outside the door and you were pulling the drawers in the bathroom open and you had the door closed too.  Well, when I went to open it the drawer to the cabinet was out so far that the door wouldn't open for me to get in.  I slightly panicked but tried to stay calm.  It took me a few minutes of saying, "Burkleigh close the drawer so mommy can come in" but you finally did  it and all was fine.  =) 
You are miss independent.
You want to do it all yourself.
Oscar is your best bud. You love to run from him.
Lately, you've been sleeping in and taking 3 hour naps too!  
You like to stay up late though but you usually always sleep 10-12 hours every night and will nap 2-3 during the day.
You love to dance and twirl around in circles.
You love for daddy to carry you on his back.
You love to dance in our shower and play in the water in the sink.
You love to sleep with mommy and daddy.
You are learning to clean up your toys when we ask you to.
You are talking a lot more.  You can say: Chase, Mimi, milk, mommy, daddy, ball, and you try to say where is it.  
If we ask you where something is and you don't know you do your little hands out like, "I don't know"
You are a pretty good listener too!
You love daddy's kindle fire.
You are all about monkey see, monkey do.
You love to run and laugh.
You are a handful these days and you wear your mommy out but I love every minute of it.
I love to see you grow and learn and each stage is so fun!
This one is just exhausting.  =)
I still can't believe you are going to be a big sister soon!

No comments: