Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Kitchen and Bathroom Make over

Wow! It's been a while since I have posted.. between two parties at my house in one week.. whew! Fun, but exhausting and the never ending furniture dilemna.. oh my goodness it has been a few weeks to say the least! I have finally gotten my new furniture and I will be posting pics soon.. so stayed tuned. I must say my camera does not do the furniture justice... the pictures do not make the furniture look as cute as it is. But, oh well.. I guess that's part of it. I need a new camera.. one of my many wishes for my Christmas list!

But.. in the meantime, my kitchen and bathroom have had a new makeover. I've been wanting a fixed roman shade for my kitchen window. Inspired from my blogger friend, Darby at http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/ and my very talented sewing mama was gonna be my wonderful seamstress. Well.. let's just say after about 3 months, I finally have my curtains. Mom can make anything.. seriously, clothes, kids clothes, curtains, monogramming.. whatever she can do it. But, something about a roman shade freaked her out and she didn't know how to do it. I think she was making it a lot harder than it really was, but she figured it out.. which I knew she would and we now have the roman shades over all the kitchen windows. Yeah! And, they look great! Thanks mama!






And, recently, I did a little remodeling on our guest bathroom. I wanted to do something different, but didn't really know what.... until, I saw in the Southern Living at Home catalog this cute shower curtain with the mat and handtowels and thought how cute it would look in there. After my fall open house last week, I got about $140.00 in free products from SL at home, so I decided to venture out of my box and instead of buying mostly kitchen things, I would try for the bathroom. So, it was all free... even better.. huh?? So, friday when I got home from school, I was greeted with a TON of boxes on my front porch and I couldn't wait to get them open and put all the new stuff out. So, here's the pictures.. let me know what you think. and yes, I do love some red!





Does this look dirty to you?? I was a little disappointed when I opened this..
hmm.. not sure what to do?















3 comments:

Bre said...

Looks great. I took the kids to the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch in Clanton.

Shelly Powers said...

looks good... i did not even know southern living had bathroom stuff... shows how long it has been since i have seen their book... LOL :)

melanie said...

Too cute! You know I love the red!