Saturday, October 10, 2009

Race for the Cure.. I did it!!


Our awesome team.. Sweet Melissa's K crew


Today, was the big race!! The race for a cure 5K run to help support breast cancer. I did this race last year for my sweet friend, Rashel who is a breast cancer survivor going on four years now! Wow..God is so good! But, this year one of my goals was to run the whole 5K. I have been "somewhat"training for the past 5 weeks, but I was still a little worried about being able to actually run the whole thing. But, I DID IT!! Yeah.. and I didn't stop one time! What a great feeling knowing that you are helping a great cause and running in honor of my sweet survivor friends, Rashel, Melissa and my precious grandmother. This year, our team was Sweet Melissa's K Crew in honor of a collegue, Melissa who was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer. She recently had a double masctomy and had to under go open heart surgery due to complications after surgery. To say that she has been put thru the ringer, would be an understandment. But, she is a walking statement and testimony as to what our gracious God can do. Not only is Melissa getting stronger and stronger each day, but she is coming back to work in just a few short weeks. Wow! We will all be so glad to have her back! I also have to brag on our awesome team. Our goal was to raise $700 for breast cancer research but we ended up raising over $1000. How awesome is that?? We all had a super fun day today..despite the rain.. and I sure did enjoy my first 5K where I actually ran! And... we didn't do to bad either.. my best bud, Shelly and I hung right in there together and we finished at 37 minutes.. Not too bad! It was a super fun day and one that I will cherish for years to come. Melissa.. I love you to death and I want you to know how proud we all are of you. You are a trooper and I am so lucky to have you as a friend. =) Shelly.. had a super fun time today! Lunch and the yummy Yogurt Mountain was awesome.. So glad we found that place! I'll be going back for sure. Can't wait to do it again.. I'm already looking forward to next year! XOXO
Me and bud, shelly.. pre race! Me and Shelly...after the race!
Look at all the people.. wow!

We made it to mile 3!!

Me and Melissa.. our survivor! We did it for you!!
Gotta love all the pink.. so fun!
Yeah for Melissa.. our survivor!!
Yeah.. we made it!! I'm proud of us!

No comments: