Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Highlights..

We had a great one.. hope you did too. Friday night, Jamie and I had a date night. I can't remember the last time we had been out to eat. So, it was nice treat. During football season, we just don't go out much. But, Friday night Jamie got home early and we went to eat at one of our favorite places, Ragtime. Love that place. And, then I got to finally try a one of these.

A Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.. Yum!! It was even better than I thought it would be and I know I'll be back for more! If you have not tried one..do! I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Saturday, I did the race for the cure. It was an awesome experience with over 16,000 people in attendance. Wow! We had 32 people on our team and we raised over $1,000 for breast cancer. Isn't that great?
I can't even describe the feeling you get when you are crammed in with all those people about to run. You look around and see so many signs that say In Memory of or In Celebration Of and it just brings tears to your eyes. I always love this race.. it is just so near and dear to my heart. My grandmother is a breast cancer survivor and then my two friends, Rashel and Melissa. It was just an h0nor to run for them. Love you girls!

Erin, me and Anna

Sweet Melissa



I love that they turn the fountain pink..so cool!



We were greeted by our govenor, Bob Riley at the finish line.


Yeah! We did it!!

Love this picture!
Saturday afternoon was an eventful day/night in college football Wow! Alabama lost and Auburn pulled out a win.. barely but at least they did! Thank goodness. So excited we moved up in the polls and I can't wait for our game on Saturday. Jamie and I will be down on the plains watching as we play Arkansas and I hope we don't bring the tigers bad luck for being there. =)

Sunday we went to church and then to Home Depot to get some mums. I just love them and I got a few pumpkins too. They just make me smile when I come home in the afternoons.





Hope you have a great week!

No comments: