Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ear Infections, Teething and Reflux.. Oh My!

*This is a random thoughts post.. 
This sweet little girl has not been a happy camper lately and this momma hasn't been either.  =(
It's been a rough past few days at our house.  
Whew.. I'm exhausted.
Whoever said this motherhood thing was easy must not have been a mother.
I really do think going back to work would be easier than staying at home.
I am one tired mama these days.
I feel like my child has been sick for a month now and can't get well.
We are on our third antibotic since the end of January.  
Good grief.. and she's not even in daycare.
What in the world is going on?


B is on the move and into everything so I can't sit still for long.
I guess its a good thing considering I haven't joined the gym yet and is it really almost time to think about bathing suit season???
Oh my.. let's don't talk about that. Geez...
That reminds me I need to baby proof our house.  She has found the outlets and is intrigued by them.  
I have got to get those covers but she is doing a good job of listening when I say "no-no"
I'm sure that won't last long.
I feel like I can't get everything in that I need to between grocery shopping, cooking dinner, dishes, laundry, taking a shower,  ha.. and the list goes on.
My hat goes off to moms with lots of kiddos.. 
Not sure how they do it.. I am in awe and mothers who homeschool their kids.
I seriously don't know how they do it.. whew! 

I took B back to the dr. this past Monday to find out she has a double ear infection. 
Glad we got some answers as to why she has been so unhappy lately but I'm praying it's over soon.
This stuff is no fun.
It's times like these going back to work seems like a piece of cake and actually something I want to do.
Hopefully the transition won't be that bad.
She has been fighting her naps lately too and night time has been up and down as well.
It's hard to figure out why she is crying in the middle of the night.. is it ears or teething or reflux or both?
I am a routine kind of girl.. hence the reason I am a teacher and it totally throws our days when shes up in the night and won't drink a bottle and then does drink a bottle at 3 am. and then won't drink another one for 8 hours.  
It's hard to plan things when your not sure when she's going to eat and when shes going to need a nap.
She sure is fussy if she doesn't get one.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't so scheduled oriented and was more go with the flow.. maybe it would be easier on both of us.. who knows.
I thought the reflux would get better by now but it seems to have gotten worse.
She's not a spitter upper but rather the opposite.
She may drink a bottle, burp several times but it may take her an hour to do so and then you put her down for a nap and shes screaming and you think just scream child and you let her do that until you about go crazy and when you go in to pick her up she burps again....
Then, I feel horrible but she needs to go to sleep and then she finally will but the cycle continues.
Add teething into the equation and you about go crazy..
Anyone else out there felt like this or is it just a new mother thing?
I try not to beat myself up about it but it's very frustrating when you don't know whats wrong with your child and they won't quit crying or go to sleep.
I have been using the Oragel Naturals and it does seem to calm her down so she can go to sleep so who knows exactly what it is. 
I"m sure its a little bit of all three..
Sometimes I wish there was a manual on what to do if they are doing this.. etc, etc.
Might make life easier..
Thank goodness for mommy talks with mommy friends who have been there done that.
Whew.. I'll be glad when this is over and those top teeth are in and the ear infections are all clear and she is back to her sleeping habits.
I think it makes us both cranky pants.  ;(
Sorry for the long vent session.. 
I'm ready for warmer weather and hopefully no more ear infections!
Fingers crossed and hoping B is better soon!

Thank goodness for a glass of wine at night to unwind and some mindless tv..
Who's watching The Bachelor?  Don't get me started on him.. 
Crazy.. Idiot...
I'm loving The Amanda's on the style network and Bethenney Ever After. 
So glad she's back on. 
I still want to try the skinnygirl margarita too.  
Anyone else watching?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am watching the Bachelor and he is definitely crazy, but he has been hit by the LUSTBug. Hope he sees the error in his ways. Hope Burkleigh gets better soon. I am schedule oriented too so I definitely understand the frustration. I always told my friends that I am a better mom because I work. I always am amazed at stay at home moms.

Brendon Spaziani said...

Oh, I hope Haley gets better soon. Well, there's nothing that Mommy can't fix. Have you tried giving her cold treats? That would surely help soothe the teething pain. It worked for my son before.

Becoming Wife and Mother said...

We are going through this exact same thing right now, almost to a T. Did you find anything that helped you guys out?