Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Boys and their toys..

I couldn't believe it when my super thrify dad called me on the phone to say that he had bought Burkleigh a vehicle.  We were all stunned and trying to figure out what in the world he was talking about.  I just love my daddy!  He has taught me so much about life, love, family and mostly finances.  He is an engineer and he jack of all trades.  He can do it all and he does!  We've always joked that dad is gonna die outside doing a project because he is to stubborn to hire someone to do it.. why would he do that when he can do it himself.  =)  He is always willing to help out and I don't know what I would do without my daddy.  I call him all the time asking questions about to how fix this and that.  I think my sweet hubby is a little jealous but he is definitly learning from the best.  Dad has taught him so much.. I say all of this so that you will understand how frugal my daddy is.  He is always looking for the best deals and he LOVES craigslist. I think he has a slight obsession with it.  So, when he said he bought B a vehicle we all immediately thought he bought a new boat for the lakehouse.. which we do need.  =)  But, no he didn't.. this is what my 63 year old daddy is gonna be cruising around town in...


I don't think Burkleigh will be riding dad!  If you see him, be sure to honk and wave!  We think he has lost his mind but I know he will love riding around in his new ride.  Maybe next time we can talk him into buying that boat for all of us to enjoy!  =)

1 comment:

Sandra White said...

"The only difference between men and boys is the size and price of their games and toys"!