Sunday, January 29, 2012

What we've been up too..

*We started kindermusik  this past week and we will go every Wednesday for 15 weeks.  It was a lot of fun and B seemed to really enjoy it.  
* We've had several lunch dates with some sweet friends and their babes.  

* I went to the hospital a couple of times to see Brylee.  She is doing better but please continue to pray for her. You can read Shelly's blog here.

*B has learned how to sit up in her crib and I'm just not ready for that! The first time I saw her do it on the monitor I couldn't believe it. Then, she did it on the floor during play time and now she is doing it all the time.  When she wakes up in the morning we are usually greeted with her sitting up and smiling.  It is so sweet but I wasn't prepared for that.  It is weird to lay her down in her crib and walk out and see her sitting up.  I guess we'll have to lower the crib soon.
The first time I found her like this.
*She still isn't crawling yet but she is throwing her toys and trying to get them. She will reach as far as she can, then fall over and either fuss or sit up.  She is always busy!



*She is teething and has been really fussy lately.  I can feel something sharp on the bottom of her gums but I can't see anything.  She won't let me mess with her.  She is loving eating strawberries out of her fruit thing.
*She has been taking baths in the big tub.. bye bye little bathtub!
* We went to Selma on Saturday to visit my grandfather.  He is not doing well at all and is still holding on.  My mom and grandmother are taking care of him and they have called in hospice to help out too.  It's just a matter of time and its so sad to see someone you love just waiting to die.  If you could keep our family in your prayers we would really appreciate it.  It is a hard thing to go through.  B got to meet some of her cousins from Georgia for the first time. 
B with all her cousins.  Ashlyn, Abby and Austin
Jonathan and Abby with B.  She was a tired girl.  

* B is also fighting a little cold. She has not been herself lately.. we won't even talk about the car ride to selma...oh my!  She is coughing some and she sounds all stopped up.  Looks like we're off to the dr. for the first time for a "sick" visit tomorrow.  Hopefully its nothing big. 

1 comment:

Jon said...

April and I were really glad to be able to see ya'll and get to meet little Miss Burkleigh this weekend!! She is a little doll!!