Monday, February 6, 2012

Pappy and a rough week..

Thanksgiving, 2011
Nanny and Pappy with their great-grandkids

In Memory
It broke our hearts to lose you,
but you did not go alone.
A part of us went with you,
the day God called you home.
If tears could build a stairway
and heartaches make a lane,
we'd walk our way to heaven,
and bring you back again.
In life we loved you dearly,
in death we love you still,
in our hearts you hold a place 
no one could ever fill.

It's been a whirlwind of a week.  My sweet Pappy (my mom's father) went to be with God last Sunday night.  January 29, 2012.   He was 86 years old.  His health had been declining  the past few months and around Christmas time he got pneumonia and was hospitalized for about a week.  Since then, he just never fully recovered and his health just took a turn for the worst.  My sweet mama has been down there with my Nanny for the past month helping her take care of him.  We had just gone down the Saturday before he passed to see him and I'm so thankful we did. He perked up when he saw Burkleigh and he was waving to her and trying to talk to her.  It was very sweet and of course she was loving it.  I will forever remember that moment.  We all got to say our goodbyes and as sad as I am that he is not around anymore I am so thankful he is not suffering anymore. That was not the Pappy I knew and I know he wouldn't of wanted to live like that too much longer.  He was ready to go home.  And now, heaven has two of the best grandfathers a girl could ask for. I know they are enjoying each others company and walking on the streets of gold. You will be missed Pappy but I'm so thankful you were able to meet our sweet Burkleigh Ann. Your memory will live on forever..
Thanskgiving, 2011
My brother and I with Nanny and Pappy

Aren't they just the cutest?  65 years of marriage together.. Pretty amazing and inspiring.  I hope to make it that long one day too!  The funeral was last Thursday, Feb. 2nd and I know Pappy was smiling down on us.  It was a gorgeous day.. the prettiest day all week and lots of family and friends were there to celebrate the life of my dear grandfather.  When we got to the graveside, there were 3 military guards in uniform standing at a salute the whole time.  They did a beautiful playing of the trumpet and a flag ceremony that they gave to my Nanny.  Pappy was a veteran of the army, navy, and air force.  He was a true hero and will be missed!
We love you Pappy!
This little cutie has been a sick little girl and it's been pitiful.  Thankfully, she was really good the day of the funeral.  Even fell asleep in my arms during the service while the preacher was talking.  She was so tired.  
She has had her first real sickness and I'm so thankful she has been really healthy up until this point.
She's had an awful cough so I took her to the dr. and low and behold she had an ear infection and pink eye.  He gave us some some drops and an antibotic but it seemed to get worse before it got better and it was just pitiful.  Add, two little teeth coming in on top of that and it made for a very fussy baby.  I should have known something was up when she wouldn't drink her bottle.  Then, came the so tired phase that she wouldn't go to sleep and just cried and cried.  It was the worst but thankfully after day 7 of the medicine I am beginning to get my sweet baby girl back.  
And thanks to these.. they are my new best friend.  If you don't have them you NEED them. 
 The medicine is making everything come out of her nose and her poor nose is just full of yuckies.  This snot-sucker (I know, gross) is like magic and it works!!  She wouldn't let me get close to her with that little blue bulb thing but this just sucks it all out like a vacuum and it helps her to breath better.  And, our new green frog humidifer does too.  
Daddy and B
It's hard to tell in this picture. you can see one little tooth but now she has two!
She is still trying really hard to crawl.  She gets on all fours will scoot around and reach and then fall on the floor. It won't be long.  


And.. our newest face that brings a smile to our faces every day!  

No comments: