Monday, April 9, 2012

Burkleigh's First Easter..

The night before.. all ready for bed in our easter pj's.

Easter has always been one of my favorite times of the year.  I love everything about it..celebrating our risen savior, the springtime weather, the food, family, and I love seeing all the kiddos in their new sunday dresses and clothes.  It was an extra special easter for our little family. As we all three sat in the church pews, I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes thinking about how I used to dream of the day when I had a little girl that I could dress up and take to church on easter sunday.  As I was listening to the service with Burkleigh sitting in my lap (which she was soo good by the way) I was just overcome with love and joy for our amazing God.  Not only did he pay the ultimate price for our lives, I am so thankful He is in control of all things. My heart was feeling very full holding my precious baby girl on her First Easter.  Being a mommy brings on a whole new meaning of thankful.
One of my favorite pictures...


I loved her dress that my super talented mom made.  It was just beautiful and Burkleigh looked absolutely adorable. I know I'm her momma but how cute is she?
 




Not too sure of her easter basket but she loved the easter grass in there.  ha!

Taking a break to drink from her bunny sippy cup.
Yay!! She finally let her Pops hold her and she didn't cry.  She has been going through a stranger anxiety phase and its been mostly with males.  I sure hope its over.. I know it hurt my dads feelings. She loves her Pops!
My precious parents
B was loving splashing in the pool yesterday. It won't be long and we can actually get in!
I hope you had a happy easter too.

"Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.  He is not here, for he was risen, as he said."  
Matthew 28:5-6

No comments: