Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fun with Friends..

On Saturday, we went to a first birthday party for sweet little Noah.  It was a sock monkey theme and my friend Christy did a great job on the decorations.  It was too cute.  His cake was too cute and he loved his little smash cake.  He had it all over the place and just ate and ate it.

These are my two best friends from high school and they are both named Christy.  Christy with a C and Kristi with a K.  Our kiddos were born about 6 weeks apart (April, June, August) Its crazy!  It was so good to see both of them and their kiddos.  We all keep in touch on facebook but we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like so it was especially fun to see them on Saturday.  

Kristi and Jonah, Christy and Noah, and me and B
Burkleigh, 10 months, Noah, 1 yr and Jonah 9 mo.
The last time we got together was in the summer and heres the babes then.
Jonah, Noah and Burkleigh..my how time flies!

B had a great time at the party and got to try a few firsts.  
Tasting a ring pop..
And eating ice cream..she loved it!

After the party we headed to Crestline to meet our sweet friends Rebecca and Kyle and Lily for the Funky Fish Fry.  It was a hot afternoon but we had a good time just hanging out on the lawn listening to music and chatting.  The girls had a good ole time playing and eating snacks. They couldn't get enough.  
I'm so thankful for this sweet friend and our girls.  Becca truly is an answer to prayer and I'm so thankful  for her.  When I decided to be a stay at home mom, I prayed that I would find another stay at home mom to connect with and Becca was definitely an answer to prayer.  Now, our girls have music class together and we get together for play dates almost once a week.  I'm so thankful the girls will get to grow up together..now if we could just talk them into moving in our neighborhood.  =) The girls are too sweet together and I just love sweet Lily to pieces.  She is a doll!  
eating yummy snacks and playing..

Sweet girl..
Silly girl..
B loved crawling on the soft grass.  She doesn't like our grass but this grass was so soft she didn't mind.  She  was soo good too.  I didn't know how she would do coming from the birthday party with no nap but she was great and even passed out in my arms around 5.  Never fussed one bit..she loves to be outside!  It was a great weekend.. a hot one though and this week is supposed to be in the high 80s and 90's.  Crazy!!  Becca and I are already taking the girls to the pool this week.  I think we're in for another HOT summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am in prattville, al! look forward to following!

Mary Beth said...

I'm following from birmingham. Your little girl is precious! I have 2 year old little girl...they grow up so fast!