Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend..

This was my first "real" mothers day and it was a very special one. It's still hard to believe that I am a mommy and I have someone depending on me all the time.  I feel incredibly thankful for this little life that God entrusted me with and blessed to be called mommy.  Something I wasn't sure would ever happen and very thankful it did.  We spent the day as a family and Jamie told me I didn't have to do any cleaning or cooking.. =)  Sweet daddy!
I've been wanting to plant some flowers in my window boxes that I got a few weeks ago so during naptime I went to the nursery and got some plants and came home and planted them.  They look so pretty and it brightened up our yard.  Flowers just make me happy!
We got to spend some time with my mom too and we all went to dinner together.  It was a special first mothers day and I am so very thankful for my sweet momma.  She is the best mom ever and she always goes over and beyond for our little family.  I'm so thankful she lives close and she's going to be able to keep B for me next year.  B loves her Mimi!

Jamie's gift to me was a night away with the girls at Ross Bridge and it was just what I needed.  We had dinner, spent the night (my first time to stay away overnight) had lots of girl talk and then spent the day at the spa and pool on Saturday.  It was very relaxing and oh so fun!!  I got a facial at the spa and it was great too. I really wished I could have gotten a massage but they were all booked but it was still a nice treat.  Daddy and B had fun together and did great!  I didn't even get any calls in the middle of the night.  Yay for daddy!
He is seriously so good with her and she loves her daddy. I came home to a happy baby and Gigi's cupcakes.  My favorite! It was a great weekend.  
April, Jennifer, Allison, and me

Fun Friends..can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay!!!! Can't wait to do it again! You are motivating me to catch up on my blog!!! I'm terrible! I'm good at starting a post but usually don't finish it without Carson waking up so end up finishing it months later! :)Ugh!