Monday, May 7, 2012

Fun in the Sun..

B has not been her little self lately. We ended up going to the dr. on Thursday because she was not drinking her bottles much.  She was taking about 5 oz. a day.. thats it.  I wasn't sure what was up.. if she had an ear infection or what so I just took her in.  No ear infection, but her white blood count was extremely high.  It should have been between 6,000-12,000 and hers was 22, 000.  She was also running a low grade fever. He thought she probably had a UTI so he did a urine sample and oh my word.. that was awful!!  She was already crying the minute she saw Dr. Andy and then taking blood in her heel and then the urine sample about set her over the edge. Poor thing.. Her test came back negative so that was good but we still don't know what was wrong.  He said she was obviously fighting some sort of infection so he put her on antibotic and now her little tummy is all upset.  Pitiful! She seems to be doing better despite the tummy issues.  She is drinking her bottles again and I'm thankful it wasn't her little ears.

She finally got those two top teeth.. whew!! Those stinkers.. now shes working on the ones on either side of those.  Someone asked me if I found anything to help soothe her and my dr. did say to rub a little childrens benadryl on her gums. It helps to numb it. I did that and used oragel and would give tylenol or motrin at night.  Nobody told me how hard teething would be.  =)
On Saturday, Burkleigh seemed to be feeling better and we both needed to get out of the house.  So, off to the pool we went. Our pool just opened this weekend and I wasn't sure if the water would even be warm enough but it was.  Its been so hot here lately so it wasn't cold at all. She really loved it and the pool wasn't crowded at all.  It was our first real swim of the season.  Can't wait for many more!!
Playing on the steps..

having fun with daddy
Loving her little float..

Playing with pops..

She really liked crawling on the cement.. ouch!

On Sunday we went to lunch and ran some errands and Mimi and Nanny stopped by that afternoon for a visit.  We got B a little bubble machine and she had fun playing in the bubbles and swinging..
She loves that swing!



3 comments:

Elenie Counts said...

Burkleigh is such a little doll baby! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I can't wait to follow y'alls too!

The Howards said...

Found your blog through Kelly's Korner! Precious little one! I have an (almost) 8 month old son and live in Bham as well!

Lisa Marie said...

Poor baby girl! I hope she gets better quickly! I am SO jealous of the pool!!! I want one close by sooooo badly. Such cute pictures though and we have the same swing and bubble machine : )