Sunday, August 19, 2012

B'day Fun and 12 weeks..

I'm a little late in posting but I had a great b'day! It's hard to believe I turned 34.. where have the years gone.  
But we had a fun weekend celebrating.  Dinner with my best friend and her husband on Saturday night, then for my bday lunch we went to Firebirds with my parents and back to our house for cake and ice cream.  That night, my bro-in-law and sis-in-law brought Zoe's to our house for dinner and we had a great time together and so did the girls.  B is lucky to have her cousin live so close by and be so close in age too.
I'm thankful for my little girl to spend special days with.  
She loves some sweet tea.. =)

And.. this past Friday I turned 12 weeks!! WOO HOO!!
I made it through the first trimester and I am finally beginning to feel a little better.
I've been wearing the sea band arm bracelets for nausea.  I never got sick but just felt like it all day. Thankfully, that was only for about 2 weeks.  I have gained about 2 pounds but I feel like I have gained about 10.  You definiltly start showing faster with baby number 2.  
Love the cute stickers that my sweet friend Shelly gave me.  I'll be updating about every 4 weeks this time instead of every week.  I just don't think I'll be able to keep up.  =)

Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 12 weeks

Size of baby: Baby H is just over 2 in long(about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Not yet.. but it won't be long..

Gender: we will know in 8 weeks

Movement: nothing just yet. 

Sleep: Pretty good.. just back to school nerves right now. I did get my big ole noodle pillow out the other night.. I love that thing!

Cravings:  no cravings.. just don't want to eat a lot.  I cannot cook meat or chicken.  Grosses me out to look at it.  Smells are really strong too and sometimes something sounds good and then I eat it and its not good.  =(
What I miss: Not one thing!
Symptoms: not much.. tired, but thankfully the nausea has passed and my back hurts! 

Best moment this week: Actually hearing the heartbeat for the first time at my appt.  We have had 2 ultrasounds already and have seen the heartbeat but haven't heard it yet.  That is just the best feeling in the world.. truly a miracle.  It was another high one.. around 160-170 so I'm anxious to know if its another little girl.  =)




1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Girl, you do NOT look 34!!! I was so shocked to see that! Happy belated birthday! And congrats on baby #2!!! SO exciting : )