Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back to School..

Well.. the first week of kindergarten has come and gone and I survived!! Yippee!!  I was a little nervous, excited, and scared about going back to work after being at home for over a year.  But, it hasn't been bad at all.. I've missed my sweet teacher friends and I've missed seeing my former kiddos too.  It's been bittersweet.. Burkleigh is in good hands so that makes it SOO much easier to leave.  I don't know if I could have done it if it weren't for my mom, sister in law and my husband.  They all take care of B for me when I am at work.  And to be honest.. I only miss about 5 hours at the most of her awake time so that makes it easier too.  I wondered how I would feel about being a working mom vs. staying at home and for the most part, it has been a good change.  I think for both of us.  B seems to be a different child when she's not with mommy all the time and for that I am grateful.  She doesn't seem to be as fussy and she even plays and interacts with the kids at gymboree when she goes one day a week.  So... all in all we're doing good.  The hardest part for me is actually getting up, getting ready and out the door on time and the fact that teaching 19 kindergarteners wears you out and being pregnant too.  So, I've been in bed a little early these past few days but I'm hoping that will get better with time.  I miss my time with my sweet girl at home but it makes the time we do spend together even more special.  I really didn't think I would be able to handle working and being a mommy and let's just say it is hard but it is doable.  =)  I hope I'm going to be a better mommy for it and I hope B will be too.  And.. anyone that thinks stay at home mommies don't work.. don't have a clue!!  Being a stay at home mommy is much harder than being a working mommy.  And.. that's just my two cents.  I cherish the times I'm with my girl but I also love the time I'm with my teacher friends and my students.  I have a good group of babies this year and I can't wait to teach them some new thing .  Here's to a great year at school and at home..

The best group of K teachers around!

No comments: