Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July Happenings..

Wow.. It's hard to believe July has almost come and gone.  This has to be the fastest summer I can remember.  Maybe it's because I am so busy with two babies that I forget what day it is and what is going on in the world.  I swear I was just in the hospital with Maggie and now she is about to celebrate her half birthday.  How is that  possible??

I can't believe August is just around the corner.  School is about to be starting back and I am usually in my "get ready to go back to work mode" but this year has been a little different. Being a mommy is the best job in the world and I am so thankful for my two little blessings and for the opportunity to stay at home with them as long as I have. I feel like I will blink and they will both be in kindergarten.  I wish it could be longer but for now I am thankful I will be home until January with them.  I won't start the school year but I will end the school year, and I can only pray that is the right decision for my family.  I hope I can juggle all the many hats I will be wearing come January and I'm a little nervous about going  back to work with two little ones.  I know a lot of moms that do it and I hope it will easier than I think.

For now, I am going to enjoy these months I have to spend with my babies and try not to think about anything more.  They will only be little for a short amount of time and I want to remember it all.  The good, the bad and even the tantrums.. ( Lord help me!) We've been soaking up summer and the girls have been having a blast.  Here's what we've been up to the last few weeks:
Playing outside and sliding and throwing things down the slide.  B LOVES it!
Swimming at Mimi and Pops house.  This picture is BIG time. 
B has not been a huge fan of the pool this year.  She will not wear her floaties or anything on her for that matter and she usually just plays on the steps but mom actually got her to ride in her little boat.  
Baby steps..
Sweet girls reading books to each other. Melts my heart!
We had a play date with our cousins, Reagan and Kendal.  Maggie and Kendal are 4 months apart and are now the smallest Haley girls.
B had fun playing with Reagan.
I got a GNO with some of these fabulous ladies to celebrate sweet Anna's birthday.  So thankful for them.. they will make going back to work a little easier.  
The hubs and I finally got a date night to celebrate our anniversary.  We had a fun night out with our BFF's.  
She loves the swing!
We had a zoo play date with our sweet friends Ella Grace and Emmalyn. The girls were so sweet holding hands.
MOre fun at Mimi and Pops.  She is too funny.. she put the hat on herself and insisted on cutting the grass.  lol
Loving on my sweet Maggie love
And having lots of fun at gymboree.

It's been a great summer so far! If only I could have my toes in the sand with a drink in my hand... oh well.. maybe next year!  

No comments: