Monday, October 28, 2013

A look back at my precious nanny..

My precious nanny went home to be with the Lord and my Pappy on Sunday, Oct. 20th.  She was 85 years old and the best grandmother a girl could have. I was very close to her and it's still so hard to believe she's really gone.  I am happy that she is no longer suffering and is perfect again. These past few years, she's had a hard time and she fell and broke her hip right before Maggie was born and since then she has never really walked again.  She was bound to a wheelchair and it just made life hard for her.  So, I'm sure she ran into the arms of Jesus.  After being in and out of the hospital several times, she was in an assisted living and my mom would take care of her.  She was tired, and ready to go home so I'm thankful that God didn't let her suffer anymore.  But, I'm extremely sad that she will not be here with us to play cards (she loved Phase 10 and Dominos), to eat dinner with us, to share in the happy times, to see the girls grow up. But, I'm so thankful I had her for all these years and that she did get to meet my sweet girls. Burkleigh was a nanny's girl and she loved her nanny.  She was always ask us "where's Nanny"  As I was going back through pictures, I'm so glad we have these to hold on to and I will make sure the girls know how special this lady was and what a big part of my life she was.  She will always hold a special place in my heart.  We love you so much Nan! Thanks for all the wonderful memories.  You were the best!
Christmas 2010, I was 17 weeks pregnant and we had just found out we were having a baby girl!
My baby shower for Burkleigh.. my mom and both my grandmothers
Burkleigh's first trip to Selma.. she was 3.5 months old. I think this was the first time she met Nanny.
February 2012 Burkelighs dedication at church

Halloween, 2012 so glad nanny got to come up and trick or treat with us.
Thanksgiving, 2012
Christmas, 2012 

Not sure when this was.. we took Nanny to our favorite restaurant.  
Feb 2013 Nan meeting Maggie Charles for the first time.  She was about 3 weeks old.
June, 2013 Burkleigh's 2nd b'day and she loved her puzzle from Nan.
June 2013  visiting nanny at the assisted living
4th of July 2013 Nan got to come to our house for a yummy meal.  We had a great time and even played some cards!
August, 2013 my b'day lunch  at Cracker Barrell.
Such a special picture with both the girls.  

Gonna miss you so much Nan! We will never forget you or the memories.. 
XOXO

No comments: