Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy 2010!

I can't believe it is 2010! Wow! I can remember back to Y2K when everyone thought the world was gonna end..ha! That sure was a long time ago. 2009 was a good year for us.. We celebrated our first anniversary, bought our first house together, survived moving, another Burkhardt baby was born in the family... Carter Henry Burkhardt, shared a lot of laughs with friends and family, took a few trips, and enjoyed life to the fullest. So, I am anxious and excited to see what God has in store for us in 2010. I'm praying that we will be blessed with a little bundle of joy this year. A new baby to fill our hearts with love and laughter. I know God has awesome things in store for us and I am excited to see what they are. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve ringing in the new year. We enjoyed a date night to Fox Valley.. yum! The best restaurant in town. If you have not been, you MUST go. They have the most delicious crab cakes and dessert in the world.. hands down! Then, we came home to relax and watch the ball drop. I was actually surprised that I stayed up till midnight.. I usually can't do that, but I did. Jamie fell asleep.. he was just exhausted from working all week. But, we still had a great night!

We celebrated on Saturday night with friends and family. We went to eat downtown at Ocean. Oh my!! That place was awesome. Yummy drinks, great salads... with fried feta cheese! Can you say yum? It was delicious, yummy bread, yummy appetizers, awesome grouper and cheese grits and creme brulee. All of it was amazing. We were stuffed and we enjoyed some great company!

I'm still thinking about my new year's resolutions...but, I know one of them is to exercise and run more. I need to get back in shape! Hope you all had a good one and here's to making 2010 the best year yet!
Erin, me and Melissa


The hubby's.. Jay, Jamie, and Shane
A yummy drink.. I think it was a Sunrise?
Grilled Grouper with cheese grits and onion straws!
A fun night.. leaving Ocean!

No comments: