Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh My!

Well.. I am trying to keep my new year's resolution and one of them was to exercise more. Do ya'll love to exercise?? I do love it once I finish, but I hate getting started and making myself do it. Am I the only one? So, I joined a gym this month, Snap Fitness to be exact, and I have been trying to do better about going. I usually do better when I have a workout buddy.. so, Jan I am counting on you to keep me accountable and stick with it too! I would really just like to exercise outside but since it's too cold, for now I will have to walk on the god awful treadmill and elliptical machine. Yuck! I hate them both but I know it's almost swimsuit time and that is so depressing! I better get my butt in gear fast! Also, I am running/walking in the Atlanta Half Marathon in March and I have less than 2 months to prepare for the 13 miles.. I know I can do it! That's what I have to keep telling myself.. =)


Anyway, I like the gym and all but it's not what I am used to. My former gym had all kinds of classes to take and that was what I really liked. This gym doesn't have the classes, so it is smaller but the only perk is that there is NO contract. Isn't that awesome? I hate gyms that try to suck you in for a year and then you hate it and don't end up going. So, you can cancel at any time you want and they will suspend your membership. That's what really sold me.. so, I'm hoping to keep it until it gets warmer and I can exercise outside. But, since there are no classes at the gym, sometimes I don't feel like I am doing enough or really know what to do when I get there. Do you feel like that too?

So, this weekend, I bought Jillian Michael's workout video and when I tell you it kicked my butt.. that is a small understatement! OMG...I did it yesterday and I can barely walk today. So, I guess it is working and I do love it. It's not that hard but obviously it works and that's what I need. My legs and butt are SO sore. So, thanks Jillian for kicking my butt. I'm counting on you to get me in shape for the summer! If you are looking for a good workout video, go get this one. Target has them on sale this week for $10 and there are 3 different ones I think. There is also a Biggest Loser one too if you are a big fan like I am.
Also, since I worked out extra hard this weekend.. ha! =) I just had to make Darby's dessert. It was so yummy and I promise I won't eat all of it. If you haven't made it.. you need to. It is so delicious and it will make you say Oh My for sure! I will for sure be making it again. I just love her and I don't even know her. =)

Also.. isn't this cute?
Not sure what it is.. Well.. keep looking!

It's a camera strap.. how cool!

My sweet friend Shelly, gave me this camera strap for my new camera. Isn't that a precious idea? It even has a K monogrammed on it! Love it! I had never heard of it before but what a good idea. It is a little short, but that's okay too. I still love it and it makes my new camera smile! =) Thanks Shelly!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments: