Sunday, January 31, 2010

A special project and a baby shower

I can't believe it is already Sunday.. where does the weekend go? We had a busy one. My sweet friend, Simin is pregnant and due in March with her third child. She is a dear friend of our family. I just love her to death and I was so fortunate to teach her oldest child, Daisy in kindergarten last year. You just can't get any sweeter than this child and her momma! They both have such giving and caring hearts and I am so blessed to be able to call them friends/family. I think the world of both of them and we are excited to meet the new little one, Cassie when she makes her appearance in March.
Simin and her precious daughter, Daisy
So, Saturday morning we gave her a surprise baby shower/brunch. It was such fun and she was very surprised.. mission accomplished! Since this is her 3rd little one, we decided to do a gift card shower so she could get whatever she neeeds. She got a few gifts but over $900.00 in gift cards... isn't that great? We ate some yummy food, got to catch up with friends and family and shared lots of laughs. What we do best! I decided I wanted to make something special for her that she would be able to keep forever. My friend, Mel was my inspiration and this is what I came up with. Thanks, Mel!

Isn't it cute? I had so much fun making it and I hope it will be something that she will cherish forever. For all of you wondering how I made it, it was super easy. A little time consuming.. but fun. All I did was buy a frame.. the ones that are rectangular and have a mat in them for two photos and I took the mat out. Then, I found scrapbook paper and did the rest. I printed out on the computer the font and blew it up to the size I wanted and then cut them out to use as my pattern. I traced the letters on the back of the scrapbook paper.. (upside down.. or your letter will be backwards.) Then, cut them out and glued them on.. voila! All done! I thought it turned out cute and I am already thinking who I can make another one for. =)

Here's some pics from the shower:

The table and the precious center piece


Aren't those napkins precious too.. my sweet friend, Erin
is so very talented and she made them!


And, spelled her name out at the bottom..so cute!


She also made this adorable wreath..
Isn't it cute? She is going to make these to
sell.. if you are interested, let me know.
I will get you in touch with her. So cute!

Yummy strawberry petifores from Edgars!

The whole gang..these girls are awesome!
Jodi, Simin, Melissa,andErin


All the hostessess


I love these two girlies..
my sister in law, Jodi is in the middle!

and this precious child.. I miss her being in my class!

We all had a blast giving the shower.. and yes, it was at a salon.. if you are wondering.
My sister in law cuts hair and my mother in law owns the shop, so we just had it there!
If you are in need of a good hair stylist, I sure know one!
Can't wait to meet little Cassie Adair Capps in March!

No comments: