Sunday, January 31, 2010

A trip to Selma...

My sweet nanny is in the hospital and has been since Thursday night. She had developed bronchitis and she already has empazema (sp?) and asthma really bad. Anyway, she was coughing so much that she just couldn't breathe. She has been on oxygen and getting lots of meds thru the IV. Jamie and I went down yesterday to see her and she is doing much better. She hopes to go home tomorrow..so, please keep her in your prayers. She is just the sweetest woman ever and I hate to see her like that. It is sad when you get old..


Me and my sweet nanny
3 generations.. my mom, nanny, and me

While we were visiting nanny, we stopped by my other grandmother's house to make a surprise visit to see her. Both my grandparents live around the corner from one another, which is so nice. We can see both of them when we go visit. Anyway, grandma was surprised to see us and I was glad we got to do that. Yesterday marks the day that my sweet and precious grandfather passed away three years ago. So, I was glad we got to be there to visit with my grandmother.
Me and Grandmaw
Not a day goes by that I don't think about my grandfather in some way. He was an amazing man and I am thankful for all the years we had to spend together. I am blessed to have grown up with both sets of grandparents So, it was extemely hard when granddaddy passed. He was the first of all of them and I don't even what to think about losing the others. It is never easy to lose a loved one and my grandmother sure has had a hard time with it. They were married over 50 years and they were so sweet to each other. My grandmother didn't go anywhere without my grandfather and she was always looking out for him. But, every day she gets stronger and we can only take comfort knowing that he is with the Lord walkign along the streets of gold, singing and rejoicing with our Father. That brings a smile to my face! Granddaddy was such a godly christian man and a true example of what we should strive to be like every day. I cherish the memories we have and know that you are looking down on me and watching over us. I love you dearly granddaddy and miss you much!

At the cemetary, we had to do a few photo ops. The cemetary where he is buried is an old, old one.. and they have these beautiful moss oak tress all over the place. It reminded us of the old cemetaries in Savannah, GA. Jamie and I love that place! It was a cold day, but a pretty one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there's nothing like grandparents! you feel so blessed to have been able to have all these moments with them & when they pass their stories & memories will live with you forever!

thanks so much for sharing your story!

erin