Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A baby changes everything..

I am loving being a mommy and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world but it has definitly been a challenge these first 2 1/2 weeks at home.  Its taken me a while to get back in the groove of blogging and finding the time to blog.  I really hope to do better.  These first few weeks at home we've been figuring out the ropes and what this cry means, and what she likes and doesn't like.  We've learned quite a lot and we've even been on a few outings.  Not many just yet.. mommy is really trying to do better. I know it won't be long.. I'm starting to get that cabin fever for sure. I've enjoyed being at home and just trying to get things figured out.  It makes me extremely thankful that I will be able to stay at home next year wtih her.  I am cherishing this time we have together and I am holding her as much as I possibly can.  I know I will miss these moments one day!  You have already grown and changed so much just in these two weeks.. I can't wait to see what you look like as you continue to grow.  Everyone says you look just like your daddy and I see it too. There is no denying that one but mom showed me several pictures of when I was little and it melted my heart.  Burkleigh, you definitly look like your momma too!  I was so happy to see it!  =)  I think you are a good mix of mommy and daddy!

Happy 1st Fathers day, Daddy!

She loves to hold on to our fingers.. so sweet!

Precious baby girl

Great grandma came to visit

Nanny and Pappy came to visit too


Chillin in the bouncy seat

1st stroller ride



I love my swing!

I love my daddy

Your outfit is too big.. not much fits you just yet!

Looking at your toys on your activity mat

So alert!

THis is how you usually sleep

5 days old going to the pediatricain for the first time

Dr. Andy checking you out.. you didn't like it!

First spongebath

Getting cleaned

All clean

You loved your first little bath

A few thigns to remember from our first few weeks at home:
* You don't like to be swaddled..you love your hands and are constantly moving them in the air and all around.  You love to have your hands out when we wrap a blanket around you.
*You are doing really well nursing and you love to eat!!  All you do is eat. 
*You loved to be cuddled, held, sang to, talked to, read to. You are so content when you are in someones arms.
* You are gaining weight like you should.  When we left the hospital you were down to 6 lbs and 9 oz.  We went to the pediatrican when you were 5 days old and you weighed 6 lbs. 13oz and we went back at 2 weeks and you are up to 7 lbs. 7 oz.  Yeah!
*You are not a big paci fan. You sucked on it a few times in the hospital but when we try to give it to you, you make weird faces and act like you are choking.  You are starting to really suck on your fingers more and occasionally will take the paci.
*You love your swing.. thank goodness!  And.. your nap nanny.. you sleep it in most every night!
*You love your car seat and riding in the car.. for the most part.
*You went on your first stroller ride around the block and you loved it!  Didn't fuss one bit.
*You are a good sleeper.. at nightime!  We are working on being a better sleeper in the day.  You slept through the night (7hrs) for the first time when you were only 2 weeks old!!  Good for you!!
*You make the sweetest sounds.. we love to watch you make faces and noises.  So precious!
*We gave you your first spongebath when you were 5 days old and you loved it! 
*Your first out to eat was to Newk's for lunch.. you slept through it the whole time.
*You are very alert in the mornings and afternoons and love for me to just talk to you or sing to you.  You just watch and listen..it is so sweet.
*You have been to the pediatiatrican twice and everytime we get a great report.  Dr. Andy says you are perfect! 
*You are the sweetest baby girl and you make our hearts melt and we love you so Burkleigh Ann!  You have changed our lives so much and we are blessed to be your parents.  Thank you God for our precious miracle baby!  Our life has been greatly blessed!

No comments: