Monday, July 4, 2011

Burkleigh Ann is here..








She was born on Wednesday, June 15th at 8:15 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs and was 21 inches long.  It seems like  yesterday... I can't believe it has almost been 3 weeks.  We are so thankful for a heatlhy, beautiful baby girl and can't wait to see you grow and change through the months and years. 

A little about that day:
I  had  my last doctors appointment that morning at 10:30 am.  and my friend Jan and I were going to go to lunch afterwards and run a few errands.  So, Jan went with me to my drs. appointments because she didn't want me driving by myself.  (it's a good thing.. little did I know what was about to happen.)  I had started having contractions the night before but nothing too serious and that morning they were still coming. I wondered if I was progressing but since this was my first baby, I didn't really know what to expect.  By the time we got to the drs office, they were coming pretty regular.  When my dr. checked me, I was 3cm. dilated and about 90% effaced.. so, she decided to keep me and watch me to see if I was going to progress. So, of course I freaked out and started crying and thank God Jan was with me.  =)  I called Jamie and couldn't get him, then I called mom and couldn't get her and I really began to panic.  I got in touch with both of them a few minutes later and by then Jan and I were going down to be "watched".  It was an experience.. they kept me in a holding room for a couple of hours.. I progressed to a 4 and then they decided to admit me.  I did not get any pain medicine while I was in the holding room and that was a big mistake. By the time they admitted me, I was about to get my epidural but first they had to get my IV hooked up, take my blood and have it tested and it took longer than expected and things were beginning to move really quickly.  The dr. came in and broke my water and I was starting to feel those contractions like crazy.  By the time I got the epidural I was 6 cm. dilated and then I went from a 6 to a 10 in a few hours.  I  pushed for 2 hours... and at one point thought we were going to have to do a c-section.  Burkleigh was stuck on my pelvic bone and her head was turned a little and she wasn't moving.  Thank God for my sweet doctor who wasn't on call but camd back in to deliver her!!  She was born at 8:15 and we were so thankful to hear that little cry after she entered the world.  It was an experience I will never forget and we are so blessed to have our little girl in our arms.  Thank you all who were there to help out and who came to see us.  It was a very special day!
A few pictures from that day:

My last pregnancy picture.. 39 weeks



The best  nurses!! Love them.. Lindsey and Amy


My awesome doctor!

No comments: