Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blessed..

I am a big country music fan and one of my favorite songs by Martina McBride is Blessed.  I just love it and I tear up everytime I hear it!  It gives me chills and reminds me of my life right now and how I am feeling.  Here is the chorus in case you don't know it! 
I have been blessed

And I feel like I’ve found my way

I thank God for all I’ve been given

At the end of every day

I have been blessed

With so much more than I deserve

To be here with the ones

That love me

To love them so much it hurts

I have been blessed

I feel blessed to be a mommy.
Every girl dreams about the day when she will get married, have kids and that perfect little family.  It's still so hard for me to believe it has come true...after many long years and hard times.. God is faithful and always has an amazing plan. I am so thankful for that!  Getting up every morning to this sweet thang has made me realize how lucky I am to be a mommy.  I am so thankful for this "job" and I am loving every minute with this precious girl. 
 
As summer dies down and school is about to be in full swing.  It seems a little weird for me not to be at school getting my room ready, shopping for school supplies, etc and it hasn't fully sunk in just yet that I am not going back to work next year.  I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with our little one and enjoy her and her firsts throughout her first year of life.  I couldn't imagine having to go back to work right now with an almost 6 week old.  She is still so tiny and new and changes so much every day.  I just love her to pieces!
I feel blessed to have such an awesome hubby and daddy.  I can't say enough good things about my sweet hubby and how I love him more after our daughter was born. He is such a great dad and helper and Burkleigh loves him so. I appreciate him more every day and what a hard worker he is to be such a good provider for our family.  The other day I went to get my toes done (what a treat) and daddy stayed home with B.  When I got back, this is how they were..so sweet!  He takes such good care of our baby girl and I couldn't ask for more!
I feel blessed to have such great family.  Burkleigh Ann got to meet some special people this week.  My brother, sis n law, Chase, Hannah Rose and Carter.  To say that Hannah Rose was excited would be an understatement.  She was in heaven!  She loved holding her, feeding her and pretending she was her baby doll. Soo cute!  I know these two will be the best of friends.


It looks like Heather is nursing my child.. ha! I promise, she's not!

All of the cousins


I feel blessed each day to get up and enjoy this life I am living.  I thank God for all I've been given and I just can't say it enough.. thank you God for blessing our family with our baby girl.  She has forever changed us and we are forever grateful. 

No comments: