Sunday, December 11, 2011

And then there were 3..

I can't believe Christmas is two weeks from today.  Wow!  It's almost  here and it sneaks up on me every year.  I really thought I was going to be done with all my shopping by now.. that was my goal and I think I say every year I'm going to be done by the beginning of December but for some reason that NEVER happens.  I'm always getting things at the end too. I still have a few more gifts to buy and I've got lots of wrapping to do too. I just started today and I only got a few done.  But, I really do love wrapping gifts.  It's seriously one of my favorite things!  I just love everything about this time of year.. except the craziness of the malls. So, I've tried to do a lot of my shopping online and it's soo much easier!  
Our house is all decorated up and it makes me so happy.  I love watching all the christmas movies on tv, looking at lights, baking yummy christmas snacks, and enjoying time with family and friends.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year and this year is extra special for our family. This time last year, we were finding out that our sweet gift from God was going to be a little girl and now we are getting ready for Burkleigh's first Christmas!  It almost doesn't seem real!  There is nothing better than Christmas through the eyes of a child and it has been so fun to watch her stare at the lights on the tree, try to touch it, and grab at the ornaments and presents.  She just melts our heart and we are so thankful to have her to spend our Christmas with this year.  






Happy birthday Jesus!  Let us all remember the real reason for the season. 
Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments: