Friday, December 16, 2011

Burkleigh Ann is 6 months old..

I know I say this every time but seriously, I can't believe this sweet thang is six months old. You have brought so much joy and happiness to our family and I am still amazed that I am a mommy to you!

Your six month checkup was this week and Dr. Andy said you were perfect. Yay!  You got 3 shots and a flu shot but this time around was so much better than last time.  I did give you some tylenol before and I'm not sure if it helped or not but you sure didn't have the reaction that you did at your 4 mo. checkup.  So Praise the Lord!
You weigh 14 lbs. 11.5 oz. That is the  40th percentile but thats okay!
I think your gonna be a little petite thing. 
You are still 25 1/2 in long and in the 70th percentile for height.

You were a happy girl when Dr. Andy checked you out. You just grunted and made the funniest noises. And, your first little accident occured at the dr's office.  You tee-teed on mommy right after we weighed you.  I guess there's a first time for everything.
You loved tearing up all the paper on the bench at the drs office.  
You've had several play dates with sweet friends.  Lily came to play the other day and ya'll were too cute just staring at each other.  Lily is 3 months older.  
You LOVE our remote control.  So, I bought you your own to play with and you don't like it as much. When Lily came to play she really liked it. =)
You are also grabbing at everything and putting it in your mouth.  You love our tervis tumblers.  I know that sounds crazy but everytime I drink out of one, you reach for it and want to put it up to your mouth.  So, I gave you a sippy cup and you can hold it good and you like to bite on it and play with it.
  You are sitting up so good by yourself and you love to sit in the floor and play with your toys.
You like your exersaucer okay. You will play in it for a bit but not too long.  You love the music part and as soon as you hear it you start kicking your feet and laughing.  You LOVE music.
Checking it all out.
You really love your bumbo and everytime you get in it you will just laugh and squeal.  We feed you in it too and you are up to eating food twice a day now.  Dr. Andy said you needed to be eating at least 2 times a day.  You're not a big eater in the morning so you usually have cereal and fruit in the afternoon and at dinner a vegetable and fruit. So far you have liked everything we have given you.  I haven't moved up to the 2nd foods yet but Dr. Andy said you could have them now.
You love to play peek a boo and This Little Piggy. 
You love my fingers too and you love when I try to "get you."
You are wearing a size 2 diaper and your clothes are 3 months.  
We've moved up to the 6 mo pj's because you are so long.
You eat  about 5 oz. every 3-4 hours and usually eat about 5 times a day.
You still love to suck your thumb but only when you are tired.  You love to suck your toes too.  I love it!
You are a good sleeper/napper when we are at home.  When we get out, you usually won't nap but when we get in the car you will fall asleep.  You just don't want to miss anything!  =)
You still take three naps a day.  Usually a 2 hr. nap in the morning, about a hr. at lunch and 2 more in the afternoon.  You sleep from about 7pm to 7-8am.  
YOu are a little roly poly and I have a feeling you are going to be crawling soon.  =( 
You already want to get into everything! 
I really love this age!!  You are just so sweet!
This has been the best 6 months of our lives and we love you so much!!

1 comment:

907igor said...

I am glad she did so much better with the shots. It makes it all so much easier. She is such a sweetie and is getting so big.
Lidija