Sunday, February 10, 2013

Maggie Charles is here!

I know I've been MIA lately and that's because life with 2 has gotten the best of me!  Our sweet Maggie decided she was ready to see the world when I was 37 weeks so we got a surprise welcoming from her.  To say we weren't ready was an understatement.  We had NO bags packed, NO car seat installed, half of her room finished... but all was fine too.  We were super excited to meet our sweet girl!
She was born 2-10-13 
6 lbs. 11 oz. 19 in. long
8:23am.

Here's how it all started:
  At 2:00 am, Sunday morning Feb. 10 I started having contractions and didn't wake up Jamie until about 4 am when I realized this was the real deal.  We got Burkleigh out of bed and took her to my parents house and then high-telled it to the hospital.  Thankfully, it was about 4:30 when we were on our way and it was dark and there was no traffic so that was the nice part. By then, I was having contractions about 3-4 min apart and I was in some pain.  When we got to the hospital, I was 4.5 cm dilated and the contractions were coming on strong.  They got me set up in the room, finally got my epidural and the next thing I know I am already at 8cm.  We called some of our family and friends and told them they better hurry if they were going to make it and they did.  =)  A special thanks to my sweet BFF, Shelly  who got ready and came down to the hospital real early.  She was my photographer in the delivery room and I'm so thankful for all the pictures.  Not many friends would want to do what she did but I'm so thankful she did!   Love you Shelly!   Labor was super easy and I wish it had been that easy with Burkleigh.  Wow!  What a difference the second one makes.
The last pic before our family of four



Daddy and his little girl

Yay for my doctor being on call that weekend.  So glad she was able to deliver both my girls.


Thankful for this sweet friend who was there for the birth of both my girls.
Love you Shelly!



Another blessing from GOD!

No comments: