Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcome to the World...


Sweet baby Cassie Adair Capps! She was born on Thursday, March 25th at 7:19 am weighing 8 lbs 14 oz. This is my precious friend, Simin's new little bundle of joy. She is absolutely adorable with a head full of dark hair. Jamie and I got to go up and visit on Saturday and I was in heaven just holding her. I got to feed her and she slept in my arms for over an hour. She is so dang cute! I just love her! What a precious little blessing from God. I can't wait to hold her again. I told Simin to watch out.. I may be stealing her from her. Mommy and baby are both doing well and went home today.


Isn't she precious? I am in love!




Big sister, Daisy and sweet baby Cassie


Mommy and baby

We took them this yummy cookie cake!
Also, I went back to the doctor on Friday morning and got a really good report. So I was very excited to know that I had several follicles that were of a good size. I had a sweet friend come over that night and give me the HCG shot so I go back next Friday to see how my levels are and I'm praying for another good report. We'll see.. Thank you all for your prayers, and encouragement. I feel so much better knowing that we have friends praying for us and thinking about us. This process is definitly stressful, and emotional but I wanted to share our story for all the pray warriors out there. I know it is working! Keep praying for more good news to come!

Hope you had a great weekend. I wish the weather would make up its mind and stay warm now. It is spring afterall! We got some stuff done out in the yard, cleaned up around the house, and I washed all the laundry.. and can't believe my basket is EMPTY. I don't think that has ever happened! I wish it could stay like that! Jamie is cooking out steaks on the grill and they smell so yummy! I made a yummy chocolate chip pound cake.. it is heavenly and so easy! Really good with some vanilla ice cream on top too. I'll leave you with the recipe and hope you all have a great week!


Chocolate chip pound cake
1 Duncan Heinz yellow butter cake mix
1 sm. pck chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1/4 c. water
1 sm. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 6 0z. chocolate chips.
Mix all together. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake 325 for 1 hour until done.
Let cool and then flip it over!

Serve with ice cream.. it's delicious!
Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are sweet pics of baby cassie! i too can't wait to get my hands on her again!!!

we enjoyed the weather this weekend. shane & i took the girls on the trail from the middle school to up behind ya'lls house yesterday. it was such a great walk & it was absolutely beautiful along there...maybe we could go sometime if you want to!

so glad you got a good report with the doc on friday. we are continuing praying for ya'll & hope everything goes well this week...fingers are crossed!

thanks for posting recipe...can't wait to make it!

xoxox....erin

Christy said...

Thanks for the update...sounds good...we are praying for you! See you Thursday night...I cannot wait!!!

Katy said...

Christy.. I am soo ready to see you and for our night out! woo hoo! Thanks for the prayers.. you don't know how much they mean! Love you girl!