Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A beautiful rainbow

I've been a slacker lately because the hubs and I have both been sick. I can't tell you the last time I stayed home from work and my hubby stayed home from work too. It just has never happened.. but it did last week. Jamie came down with the flu (the undiagnosed flu because he didn't actually go to the doctor) and I had an upper respitory infection. It was no fun. Ran fever, had the chills, then would sweat, coughing, running nose. Yuck! I did get two shots and 3 meds and it took about a week before I was 100 percent better. I was pretty miserable. I still have the hacking cough that won't seem to go away but I am feeling so much better. Jamie is feeling better too. We had a low key weekend around the house.. which was nice. This weekend we are heading down to the beach for Spring Break! Can't wait!!

But, on another note.. I went to dinner with my sweet friend, Jan tonight and saw this beautiful rainbow. It just made my day and made me smile! We don't see enough of these and the funny thing is I read a book to my kids today called A Rainbow of my Own and we painted a rainbow and talked about what we would do with a rainbow if we had one. How cool is that that I saw one tonight. I can't wait to tell them tomorrow. I hope that means that good things are to come! Do rainbows bring you luck or are they just pretty? I guess they are God's way of reminding us of the love He has for us. Thank you God for beautiful days, rainbows, and for always loving us! I can't wait for this nice weather to stay around longer. Come on Spring!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

We are headed to the beach for spring break too...cannot wait to get away!!! Let's get together in April...I love dinner out the girls!!! So fun! Talk to you soon! Have fun at the beach!