Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ice Storm 2011, National Champs, and a sweet dog

Wow! What a week it has been. So we were anticipating ALL this snow this week.. like 6 to 8 inches and let's just say we got nothing but ice. Very disappointing for everyone.. especially the kiddos. I don't know why I always get my hopes up. It pretty much never happens.



I never know whether to get excited when the weathermen "predict" a snowstorm or to just roll my eyes. I guess it's better to be prepared and we sure were! We had lots of snacks and we did a lot of eating and playing Phase 10! It made for a low key weekend and by Tuesday I was ready to get out of this house! School was canceled for Monday and Jamie didn't have to go to work so we were homebodies for sure. Tuesday and Wednesday school starated at 10 and that was so nice! What a difference 2 hours really makes. I think I could get used to a 10-2 job!

Monday night was the big game. Auburn and Oregon played for the National Championship and WE WON!! What a great ending to a great season. War Eagle!! 13-0!!! It's great to be an Auburn tiger! Can't wait to celebrate in Auburn next Saturday at the fan party.

I was thankful to have some good news Monday night because that same day my parents sweet doggy, Molly went to doggy heaven. She was a sweet girl and we will miss her!

No comments: