Tuesday, March 22, 2011

27 weeks, the dreaded test and the lake..

Pregnancy Highlights


How far along: 27 weeks-

Size of baby: Baby H is over 2 lbs and is 15 inches long.. wow thats a big difference from last week. I can tell she is getting bigger!

Total weight gain/loss: I am up 10 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Definitely wearing the pants.. some of my shirts are maternity and some are just regular.

Gender: You are a GIRL!! BURKLEIGH ANN HALEY

Movement:  You move all the time and it is so reassuring to know all is okay in there.  I am a worrier and I love this trimester because of all the movement.  You move around all day and it is the neatest feeling ever!
Sleep: Pretty good! My lower back has really been hurting lately.. making it uncomfortable to sleep some at night. I have pillows all over but it still hurts.  I guess that is just part of it.  Any suggestions?

Cravings: Its funny how I never really craved weird things but if I see a commercial of something on TV that looks yummy.. I get it stuck in my head and continue to want it until I finally get it.  =) Weird.. sonic cherry limeaide slushy.. yum!  =)
What I miss: Not one thing!

Symptoms: Just back pain..

Best moment this week:  Last Friday, I took the dreaded glucose test and... I PASSED!!! Woo Hoo! That was pretty awful. It made me feel tingly, shaky and later I got real sweaty.  =(  But, thankfully I don't have to go back and do it again. We left the dr. and went to eat lunch at Flip Burger.  It was yummy!  I also finally decided on curtains for the nursery and they are up.  It makes the room look so different already.  The chandelier should be here on Thursday and I can't wait to get it in there.  My goal is to have her room done by the end of April.  We'll see!  =)

The Lake Renovation is a work in progress and it's coming along really well.  My sweet daddy has been doing most of the work himself so we went down this weekend to help some.. well..not me but Jamie.  =)
They finished the priming, did the painting, finished the cabinets, (mom and I put the kitchen back together) and then started laying the floor.  Dad finished it up on Monday so the floor is all down!  Woo hoo.  We are still waiting on the granite guy to come do the countertops and we have to install the sink.  I guess we'll be moving the furniture down there soon.  Can't wait to see it when its all done. 

 The back of the house looking towards the water. 
The right side of the house..the wood part is going to be a screened in porch.

One side of the new cabinets

One side of the kitchen.  The other side is going to have a bar type island.

More cabinets

The main area.. its one big room now. It used to be one room and then a screened in porch on the front.  They knocked out the wall and made it one big room so now it will be the living room and kitchen. 
Love the big windows overlooking the water.

The walls are a light yellow and here is the beginning of the floor.

I still can't believe dad is doing all this.  We have had the lake house for 25 years and boy, could you tell. Everything in the house was outdated and most of the stuff was there when we bought it.  Good grief..it was old!  It's gonna look like a new house when its all said and done and I know we are going to enjoy it a lot this summer! 

2 comments:

Amy said...

When I was pregnant I found relief for my back by laying on my left side with a pillow between by legs and behind my back. Not sure that anything is going to help much, but that is my suggestion! You look great. Little girls are so much fun! I have a 16 month old. Hope things are going well for you. Amy

chad said...

Good pics sis. See you soon.