Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break 2011..

We had a blast at the beach.  We decided to step out of our comfort zone and go somewhere new this time.  We always go to Orange Beach and this time we went to Destin.  I must say.. it wasn't the same.  We had a a great time.. don't get me wrong.  But, I missed our all time favorite restauraunts, shops, and even the drive.  Who knew it was mostly back roads the whole time and of course, I had to stop a million times to go to the bathroom in the dirtiest and nastiest bathrooms. Yuck!  But, anyway... it was a great LAST trip as a family of two and I'm glad we had that time to spend together.  Jamie rarely is off the same time as I am, so it was nice to be able to get away for a few days.  We had great weather the whole time!  Got lots of sun.. I was red after day one!  We stayed at the Sandestin Beach Resort  in the Village.  We could walk to shops, and restaurants which was really nice if you didn't want to leave the resort. The Village has a lot of fun things to do and see.. especially if you have kids but the negative to that place is.. it is NOT on the beach.  If you are beach people like we are, then it's not the place for you.  Yes..they do have a trolley and I'm sure in the summer it runs all the time.  However, that was not the case for us.  It didn't even start until 3pm everyday.. so, needless to say we didn't get to see much of those pretty white beaches that I LOVE so much!  It is definitlely a great family and kid place.. if your kids are older and need to be entertained.  There was a ton to do but not necessarily the greatest place for us.  I loved it but I don't think we'll be going back.  The restarurants were just okay.. but I did love that Rum Runners was a piano bar at night time.  So, we went there several nights after dinner.  It wasn't too crowded.. which was nice and we were able to just relax, and enjoy ourselves before our sweet baby girl comes.  =)  The beach is my absolute favorite.. I could seriously move there in the summer time and I was sad to leave.  I guess the next time we make the trip down, we will be a family of 3.  Can't wait to take Burkleigh. I know she will love it!  We are off to the lake this weekend and I can't wait to see what it looks like now. Dad has been re-modeling it since September and he and Jamie have some projects to work on.  So, I'll be supervising and soaking up the sun! 
The view of the pool outside our balcony
The view from the marina

We enjoyed the walking trails..
26 weeks..
Lunch at Roberto's pizza
Part of the village..
Dinner at the Red Bar.. love that place!

No comments: