Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Shelly!

Last Friday, my bestie turned 33!  Wow!  That's hard to type..  Mine is just around the corner and I can't believe we are really getting that old.  Time flies!  I first met Shelly back in '96 when we were freshmen in college going through sorority rush.  At the time, I had no idea that we would become sorority sisters and life long friends that had so much in common and so many connections with friends and family.  Seriously, it's just crazy.. I could write another blog post about that.  But, 15 years later we are still the best of buds and I am so blessed to call her a friend.  We've shared lots of great memories together.. too many to name, but some of the best times at sorority parties, mixers, formals, meetings, Rush, girls trips, late night stalking (do you remember that shelly), fraternity parties dating fraternity brothers (oh my!), shopping, Purple Onion, education classes, boys, projects, teaching together and many more fun times!  We've been together through weddings and babies and Shelly was there for me through all the men in my life!  ha!  I will never forget all our fun times together and I look forward to the next chapter when our kids get to play together. Even though mine will be alot younger.  =)

It's so neat to see how God works in your life and truly brings friends in your life that become life long friends.  I am so thankful for all those friends and many of whom I have met at work!  Even though I won't be at work next year, I know those friends will continue to be a part of my life just like Shelly has been.  I thank God for friends like this!  Happy Birthday Shelly. I had fun celebrating with you!  I love you and Burkleigh can't wait to meet her Aunt Shelly!  We love you!!
Fun friends.. Sherry and Shelly
I promise she didn't eat these all by herself.. they sure were delicious!!

1 comment:

Shelly Powers said...

So sweet friend! I can't believe we have been friends for so long and oh the memories we share... fun times fir sure! I love you friend and can not wait to meet miss burkleigh! I know you are going to be the best mom! ;) xoxo