Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2 years of blogging..

Two years ago this month, I first started my blog. My best friend, Shelly encouraged me to do it so I would have a great scrapbook of our life.  We went to college together and one of our favorite things to do was scrapbook our sorority memories.  We would have all night scrapbook parties and have the best time staying up all night cropping pictures, cutting paper, thinking of cute ideas for our books.  We had the best time and I cherish those books to this day!  I hate that "life" has gotten in the way and we just don't have the time to do it anymore. They were the cutest books!   But, thankfully we can make really cute books with Shutterfly.   Those are the best and will end up being Burkleigh's baby books for sure along with the blog!

A lot has happened in two years of blogging.  When I first began, Jamie and I had been married for a little over a year and had just moved in to our new home together.  I still remember that day like yesterday. School was about to start and I should have been getting my classroom together but instead we were moving.  We've come to really enjoy our little home and I'm so thankful for the memories we've already made.
Our honeymoon, July 2008

We went through a long road of infertilty and not understanding why our hopes and dreams were not coming true.  We fought through it for over a year and it was very hard and trying.  Anyone that has been through it totally can relate.  It is something you don't wish on anyone.  I think we both learned a lot about ourselves and our faith and for that time, I am forever grateful.  I know it has shaped me into the person I am today and the mom I have become.  Sometimes it takes a storm for you to see God's hand at work and even though I'm not sure why anyone has to go through trying times like that I know I am stronger because of it. 

We celebrated fun times together and went on many trips and had a great time just the two of us.  Life was great but we were still missing something to make our family complete. Then, in October 2010, we find out we are pregnant.  So many emotions were going on in my little head that morning and I couldn't believe the test was positive.  After getting confirmation from the doctor that I was in fact pregnant, it finally began to sink in that our hopes and dreams for our family were about to come true.  Our God is an awesome God!
Then, blogging began to take on a new meaning and blogging about pregnancy each week was so fun!  And, on June 15, 2011 our lives forever changed when our sweet little angel entered the world.  Although she didn't cry at first, when I finally heard that cry I was so overwhelmed with this little miracle of life that God had given to us.  She was our child and I was finally a mommy.  Wow!  It's still hard to believe.  Pregnancy is truly a miracle and a gift from God.  Burkleigh Ann has changed our lives so much in just these 3 months of her life and I am so grateful for the blog to keep up with her latest happenings, changes and to document keepsakes.   
Who knew that the blog would turn into this but I am so thankful I decided to take the plunge and do it.  It is truly turned into something that I really enjoy and I love reading so many others blogs as well. I get the best ideas from blogs and its great to be able to keep up with so many of my friends and their families.  Even when our lives change and I can't remember when things happened, I will always have the blog to look back on.  Last September I decided to print the blog into a book and I plan to do this each year.  I used this site blog2print.com and was really pleased with it.  So, today I will be ordering my 2nd book. 

Yeah for another year of blogging.. here's to many more!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I was reading back & saw a picture of Jodi!! My husband's Mom used to own the UPS store next to her salon! What a small world. You have a precious girl!!

Shelly Powers said...

Time flies when your having fun! Lovin' my shout out here on the little ole blog but love even more that I have gotten to share in each of these milestones and memories with you! XOXO