Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random thoughts and pictures....

*How is it possible that I am up and showered and dressed =) before my child is??  Go Me!!  This is a first and yes, she is still sleeping and its 8:05.. oh how I love sleeping through the night!!

*Yes, I still don't get showers every day.  Oh well..that's just part of it.

*I am loving the new fall show, Up All  Night.  Have you seen it?  OMG.. it's so funny and the little girl is just too cute.  One of our favorites and Revenge.  I must say I'm sad I'm not into Dancing with the Stars this time.  First time I haven't watched.. just wasn't so sure about the cast.  I am loving the new season of 19 Kids and Counting and Kendra.  Yes, I watch her! 

*I am additcted to facebook clothing auctions.  And, I'm going broke buying Burkleigh smocked outfits every night.. ha!  Well.. not really every night but at least once a week.  I need to quit but I just can't!  Smocked Auctions is a favorite.. like their fb page.  You won't be disappointed.  I have already bought 3 christmas outfits, a pumpkin dress and a turkey dress.  You just can't beat the prices.

*Yes, my mom sews but she doesn't have time to make my child all the cute dresses that I like.  So, I still have to buy them.  But, I am very lucky that she knows how to do it.  She is super talented and makes the cutest stuff.   She is teaching me how to monogram.  Not too hard.. but appliques.. that's another story!
*I am also addicted to Mickey D's Caramel Frappes.  I swear I want one every day.  And, it doesn't help that they are less than a mile down the street from me.

*I need a new wardrobe. It's been too long since I've shopped for clothes not prego that I don't even know what to wear anymore.  I did buy a new pair of jeans the other day.. I missed my Joe's and a cute pair of silver flats.  Love them!  I'm in the process of cleaning out my closet and getting ready to consign it all!  Well.. most of it anyway!

*I need to have a garage sale too.
*I had a dream last night that I was pregnant with another little girl.  Oh my!  I did say dream.. not real!!

*I really want a cute pumpkin wreath for my front door that has our name on it. A neighbor friend has one and it is too cute!  Anyone seen one?  I looked on etsy.. love that site too!

*I still can't get onto Pinterest.  For the love?   Can anyone help me out??  I've sent them like 5 emails requesting an invite and they still haven't sent me one.  It's driving me nuts that I can't get on there.  I know I will love it!

*I ordered  an Erin Condren life planner the other night. I am SO excited about it.  I have never spent that kind of money on a planner before but I just had to have it.  I think it will help me get my life in order..  ha!! We'll see.. stay tuned!
*I can't believe Christmas is in 3 months.. can you? I am NOT waiting until the last minute to get gifts this year. I refuse.  I have already started making my list and I have bought one thing already!  Any ideas on some good ideas for B?  She will be 6 months by then?  Wow.. time flies!

*Motherhood is extremely hard but So worth it.  I have a new appreciation for SAHM.  Hardest job EVER!!  Hands down!  Anyone that says its easy is lying!  I'm so thankful to be doing it but its not always peaches and cream.  Thankfully, it is getting a little easier and I am beginning to get the hang of it.  I might not can always go to dinner out with friends, or play Bunko each month but I love being a mommy and wouldn't trade it for anything!

*I don't think I tell my husband nearly enough what a good daddy he is!  I went to dinner with a girlfriend the other night and he put B to bed.  On my way home, I get a text that says she is screaming.  You on your way?  Bless him... She needed to burp and woke herself up in a tizzy.  It has only taken me 3 months to figure this child out.. =)  He tried though.. good job daddy!

*I want a massage badly.. I think I might get one next week!

*B has turned into a really good sleeper (at night especially)  She is taking 2 good naps a day and is on a pretty good schedule.  It helps to have that schedule.. for my sanity too!
*It's still hard to figure out when is a good time to leave and run errands with her.  She still seems to fuss and she will only nap in her swing.. =( We've got to work on napping in the car seat for longer than 30 min.

*I love my iphone.. how did I make it this long without it?  ha! My favorite app is the Photo 365 and I've been taking a picture a day of B.  What a great keepsake too!  I also love the transfer photo app.  You can transfer your pictures from your phone to your computer without having to plug any cords up and its really fast too! Love that! 

* I am in a bible study on Wednesday mornings at my church.  One of the local news ladies is leading it and it is all about encouragement.  She is a breast cancer survivor and she is such an inspiration to hear speak.  I am really enjoying it and B gets to spend some QT with her Mimi in the mornings.

* I am really missing my niece and nephews in Ohio.  I was really looking forward to makign the trip up for Halloween but Jamie can't get off work.  Sad!!  =(  Maybe soon!!  Miss you all!

*I love my nook and am currently reading The Glass Castle.  Anyone read it?  So far so good.

*I almost finished this post before B woke up.. she slept till 8:30 wow! And Daddy got this picture sent to him.  He gets a picture or two every day!

*I finally got some pictures printed out and put in B's baby book. I think I am almost caught up. 

*Burkleigh gets her 3 month pictures made tomorrow.  I hope she cooperates!

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

Shelly Powers said...

Wow! 3 blog post in one week... What has gotten into you! :) Hugs and kisses to b from her aunt shelly!