Thursday, September 1, 2011

Burkleigh's first beach trip and Sleeping thru the night...


Last week was a fabulous week!  It was just what mommy needed... a getaway to the beach!  We haven't done much traveling this summer..its been too hot for one thing and quite frankly too much trouble with a newborn.  But, we decided to give the beach a go since Jamie had some more vacation time to use.  I wasn't so sure about going at first.. the thought of 5 hours in the car with a screaming child (she usually doesn't cooperate too well in the car), packing for all of us, dealing with a usually fussy child just kinda made me want to stay home.  But, I talked my sweet mom into going with us and after that I felt better about going.  B could stay inside with Mimi and not have to be in the heat the whole time and Jamie and I could just chill and relax.  I am soo glad we did it!!  B was awesome!  The best she has ever been and we all had a great time in the sun, sand, water, eating seafood, watching Big Brother, and mom and I got to finish reading The Help.  It was such a nice getaway.



We stayed at a friends penthouse in Guf Shores and it was such a treat.  The best part of the whole trip.. Burkleigh SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT!!!  Woo hoo!! Something mommy has been lookign forward to for a while.  =)  Her reflux medicine is finally beginning to kick in and she is a much happier baby.  Wow!  What a difference it makes.. =) We all got some much needed rest and came home and put a black out shade in B's room so she would sleep longer.  I decided thats what was helping her to sleep so good.  She has been sleeping thru the night at home too since we did that.  Yeah and we didn't even have to do the crying it out.  Thank goodness.. mommy can't take all that.  She has always been a good night sleeper.. its just during the day that she doesn't always cooperate.  But, thats fine with me.. I would much rather have her sleeping at night.  Can't wait to go back in April with the whole family!




Dinner at LuLu's


Swimming in the pool for the first time
When we got home Pops took Burkleigh for her first swim in the pool.  She loved it!  =)

1 comment:

The Ryans said...

How fun! We went to the beach when Ashlyn was a few weeks old and I LOVED listening to the waves while she had her middle of the night feedings! I actually took her on the balcony for them. Glad to hear Burkleigh Ann is sleeping well now. Ashlyn did fabulous when she was a baby, but then not so well when she was several months old. I came across the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Mark Weissbluth and it was so fantastic! I try not to dish out too much advice since I know every momma and baby are SO VERY different!...but I really, really liked this book. He does not recommend any crying it out before 4months. Ashlyn cried it out for 20 minutes two times (not even two days in a row)during the first week(she was around 7/8 months when we did this) and her sleep habits are perfect now!...and Mommy is beginning to feel sane again. :) Your little girl is beautiful! Please tell your momma I said Hello and Congratulations to you and her!