Monday, September 26, 2011

The Help..

I finally got to see The Help this weekend and it did not disappoint.  I loved it!  Although, I think I loved the book better but the movie was awesome.  I just wish it wouldn't have ended the way it did.. I'm hoping there is going to be a sequel.. maybe?  I won't give the ending away so go see it if you  haven't.  It's hard to believe that is really the way it was back then and I can't imagine being treated that way or living through all that.  It's a powerful movie and the book was oh so funny!  I loved the characters seeing them on the big screen is also so fun after reading the book and picturing in my head what they may look like.  Mae Mobley was adorable and of course, I loved Abileen and Minny.  Miss Skeeter was great too and Miss Hilly was protrayed just like I thought she would be.  I have to say I wasn't a big fan of Miss Celia's in the book but in the movie she was great and I really loved her character.  I know I'll never forget these famous words from the book. 
You is kind. You is smart. You is important.  I'm already telling sweet baby girl that and I hope she grows up knowing that too.  Words are so powerful!
Hope you all had a good weekend too.  Saturdays in the south are pretty much all about football so B and daddy got to spend some QT together while I got to get a pedicure and go to the movies.  She was a happy girl and daddy said she was good so I hope we're beginning to see a little turn around.  =) I'm hoping its the 3 month miracle that everyone has told me about.  She seems to be back to her good sleeping habits at night.  I'm a little scared to type this cause I don't want to jinx myself but she's been sleeping through the night again for the past week!  Woo hoo!!  And.. sleeping from 7pm-7am so I guess the growing spurt is over! 
I hope she keeps this up.. I sure do feel so much better when I get a good nights sleep. 


But, I wouldn't trade those middle of the night feedings for anything!  Love my sweet girl! 
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: