Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend..

I'm always amazed at all the people who get up in the middle of the night or some who don't even go to sleep to go shopping on Black Friday.  Or better yet those who are waiting in line on Thanksgiving day outside Best Buy to be the first in line to get a TV.  Seriously.. those people always amaze me.  I have one word for those people.. CRAZY!  No deal is worth camping out for.. at least not for me!  I've never been a big Black Friday shopper. I went a few years and swore I would never do it again. The crowds, the people, the rudeness of people.. it was just a little much for me.  I would rather pay full price than deal with rude people and long lines.  It's just not for me.   Instead of braving the malls, I sat in my pj's and ordered some things online and got some great deals too.  Free shipping and lots of sales and I'm almost done with all my shopping!  Yippee!  Most of it was ordered online.. that is the way to go!  My sweet Nanny wanted to go to Steinmart so we went there that afternoon and got a few things.  Other than that, we hung around the house, played and went to the park with all the kids.  It was such a beautiful day! 
Nanny and B
 
Playing Patty cake

Nanny and the girls

Chase and B acting silly
 
My sweet girls

On Saturday, Heather and I did a little shopping and there were no crowds!   Then, it was Iron Bowl time.  We pretty much got our butts beat but we were still cheering on our tigers. 
War Eagle!


The kiddos with their great grandparents

My brother and I with our sweet grandparents

We had a great weekend together and I'm sad its all over but thankful that my mom is feeling better.  Every year the sickness always hits at thanksgiving and last year it was the stomach bug.  This year it struck again.  The kids got it before they came and mom got a touch of it on Saturday.  Thankfully, she's feeling better today.   Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: