Monday, April 22, 2013

My sweet nanny..

I haven't talked about it much on here but my sweet nanny fell and broke her hip in the beginning of February.  Since then, life has been a lot different for my family.  She has been in and out of the hospital since then having surgery, rehab and then pneumonia.  It's been rough on her and everyone.
She is just the sweetest little old lady too and it breaks my heart to see her like this and "wanting to die".
For now she is in a little assisted living/rehab place and my mom goes and takes care of her everyday.
She's getting stronger each day and hopefully with time she will be able to walk some and go back to her home.  But for now, she is in the right place.  I took the girls up to visit her when Maggie was about 3 weeks old and we haven't been back since.  So, yesterday we went back to visit her.  I think it helped to lift her spirits and despite the fact that she is skin and bones (she's always been skinny) she did look really well and seemed to be in good spirits.  Please keep my sweet nanny and family in your prayers.






1 comment:

Sandra White said...

So glad you took the girls to see Mrs. Guinn. I know that she ADORES her grandchildren and great- grandchildren! I have been praying for your Mom daily and know that she is under a heavy load now. She won't ask, but please let me know if I can help in anyway.