Thursday, May 6, 2010

A new read..


PLAN B!

I am soo excited about this new book that came out this week. I can't wait to get it and start reading. It is just the book I was waiting on and you may want to join me on this new read.

Want to know what it is all about? well.. read on..

In Plan B pastor(from a nashville church) and author Pete Wilson uses real life stories of disappointments and hurts along with the biblical stories of men and women like David, Joseph, and Ruth to help readers come to grips with the truth that they will face situations that in themselves they are completely unable to handle but that in them God is simply trying to get them to surrender their plans so that they can receive His.

He identifies our common responses to difficulties and offers hope, helping us to:
Understand what God might be up to
See how surrender helps us to receive God's plan
Embrace the community of believers
Reconcile a God of love with a life of tragedy and suffering

Wilson points readers to the cross as not just the starting line but the centerpiece of our story with God and shares that it is there we turn in our Plan B and find the undeniable relationship between crisis and our hope followed by true spiritual transformation. "God wants to live inside the questions" says Wilson and then reminds us that "the cross is proof that He does not always change the circumstance but that He always has a purpose in every circumstance. He will never let go of us. He will hold us and His cross will be an anchor for you.

I hope you will join me in reading this amazing book. I think SO many of us out there are wondering why me Lord.. why am I not married? Why can't I have a baby? Why does my mom have cancer? Why have I been divorced twice? What's wrong with me.. I think we can all relate. We are not alone! And.. I can't wait to see how this book will help me in my life and my relationship with the Lord. I am ready to read! Thanks to Kelly for sharing the info about the book. You can also hop on over to Kelly's blog and see the video. It is powerful! (sorry.. I couldn't figure out how to put it on here.) Just scroll down to May 4 and it is under her post called, Plan B.
So, whose gonna join me in reading this book? I pray that it will have an impact on all of us who read. Go out and get it today!

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

oooohhh....sounds like it was written for BOTH of us, huh? thanks for the heads up...sounds like exactly what i need right now.

i'm ready to be friends with you. :)

Katy said...

Laura..I thought that too.. I immediately thought you would probably like to read it with me.. =) Girl.. I already think you are one of my friends.. I just wished we lived closer! We need to plan a get together this summer..I mean it!