Monday, May 17, 2010

Thank Goodness for Weekends..

Can I get an Amen? Wow! I am so thankful I have a job where I do not have to work on the weekends. I seriously don't know how people do it. That is my down time with the family and I am so thankful for that time together. We had a good weekend.. Here's what we were up too.



Can you guess where we went? It was our first trip to the lake for the summer.. yes, I know it's not officially summer but it is in my book. We haven't been down since last September, I guess. It has been a while, so we went down to help Dad clean up a bit and get ready for our "guests" in a few weeks. My brother, sis in law and the kiddos are coming down for Memorial Day so we had to go test out the sea-doos and make sure they work. ha! And.. they do! They are up and running and I am sure they will be worn out before too long.
This little guy loved the water and was one worn out pup!

I was so glad to be able to just relax at the lake.. read my new book, Plan B! Which is by the way.. AMAZING!! I will be updating later with some things I have learned from the book but let me just say if you are going through a trying time.. and we all are in some way or other.. than this is the book for you. You will want to read it. It will really provide some comfort and encouragement to you. I just started reading it on Saturday and I couldn't put it down. I am halfway finished already and I expect to be completely done with it soon. I am in love with the author, Pete Wilson and I have already told Jamie we will be making a trip to Nashville to go listen to him preach sometime this summer. What an amazing person he is! I would love to meet him. If you don't have the book..go out and get it. I promise you will not be disappointed!
But, the lake was just what we needed this weekend. A little getaway to ease my mind and help me to escape life for a bit. I am ready for many more trips this summer and what all the summer time brings.... FREEDOM!! I am so ready for that! 8 more days to go.. can you tell I am ready?

2 comments:

Christy said...

We are on the countdown too...so ready to be out! I just finished reading, I Will Carry You by Anige Smith. It is a great read, VERY sad but inspirational!!! It really opened up my eyes:-) Cannot wait to see you soon! Oh, the shirt I got it at The Gap=)

melanie said...

I just got my book today! Can't wait to start it! Love you!