Sunday, May 2, 2010

What's been going on with us..

Well..for the past 2 weekends it has been rainy, yucky tornado like weather. So depressing. Where is the sunshine on the weekends? We haven't done too much. Stayed around the house, cleaned up, and enjoyed being lazy. I did have a GNO Friday night with my sweet friend, Jan. We went shopping, to dinner and a movie. We saw The Back up Plan and it was hilarious. We pretty much laughed through the whole movie Go see it! It was a good one. Can't wait to see Letters to Juliet and Sex and The City 2 when they come out!

Jamie and I went out to dinner at Fox Valley Saturday night and it was oh so yummy. I wish I would have taken some pics.. but I didn't. Our food was AMAZING.. as always! If you live here and have not been there, you are missing out. It is hands down the best place for crab cakes. They are oh so yummy.. melt in your mouth good. They are soo good that I can't eat crab cakes anywhere else because I always compare it to Fox Valley. Who would have known it was that good.. cause, yes, it is located right next to a gas station.. in the middle of nowhere. But, it is definitly worth the drive if you are not from here and come to visit.. it is a MUST! (Laura..when you come to visit, we'll go there! =)

A little update on our infertility journey.. I started round 3 of clomid this month. I also had the dye test done to make sure my tubes were clear and open and they were! So, that was great news! Praise the Lord for that! We are still pretty much doing what we have been doing for the past several months.. meds, and shots. So, we'll see if we have any more luck this way. My doctors seem to think we are doing the right thing. My body is adjusting well to the medicine and that is a good thing. I know God is in control and we are anxiously awaiting to follow His plan. The next step will be IUI if in the next few months we still are not successful. Thank you so much to all my blogger friends who have been praying for us. I can feel your prayers and I know they are working. You all mean so much to us. I am telling my story for a few reasons: 1. Why wouldn't I want the extra prayers from the blogging world and 2. there are so many people who have been through this and touched my lives and if I can help someone else that is going through this same journey just to feel encouraged or know that others have been there too, then I feel like telling my story is the right thing to do. Please continue to pray for us and know that we appreciate all the prayers and encouraging words that so many of you have provided for us.

I'll leave you with a few verses that have been encouragement to me and I hope they will be to you as well.
"May the God of hope fill you with all the joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power fo the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Committ your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this. " Psalm 37:4-5

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Until next time...
I hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

first of all---while i'm not struggling with fertility, i AM experiencing a difficult waiting period in my life, so i feel that we have that similar struggle. i will pray for you. being patient is so hard sometimes isn't it?

one of my dearest friends in life has been trying to have a baby for YEARS. she's one of the strongest christians i know, so she had such Faith that God was going to take care of her. After medications the failed and procedures that were done to try and help, she finally told me a couple of months ago, that she was giving it completely over to God. She was going to focus on her marriage and look at the possibilities of adoption. she has been so content since then.
Words can't describe the excitement I felt for her a couple of weeks ago, when she came to me to tell me that she was in fact pregnant. (please pray that all goes well for her!)
whatever happens with you--just know that it will be in God's time! (i have to tell myself that ALL OF THE TIME!)
praying for you!

Katy said...

I know what you mean about waiting.. your post about waiting was right on.. I could relate and know what you are experiencing.. I will pray for peace for you too friend! Waiting on God's timing.. is so hard sometimes. Thanks for the prayers.. That is soo awesome about your friend.. Our God truly is awesome and I will say prayers for her and her little one. Keep me posted. God's timing is perfect and I need to remember that.. thinking of you too friend!

jhughey said...

I had so much fun on Friday night sweet friend! Know that I pray for you daily. I know our struggles are a little different (your fertility and my singleness), but I understand how hard it is to wait on God's timing. He has a plan for us even better than we can imagine!!! I love you! Can't wait for our next GNO!

Amy W said...

You know that I wasn't supposed to be able to have Cortlyn. In November 2007, I found out, unexpectedly, that I was pregnant with our second child. At first, I was devastated. I was pursuing education administration and was perfectly happy with little Coleman. Then, I remember the great guilt I felt when I asked the Lord to forgive me for I have been blessed beyond my understanding. That was on a Friday. The following Monday happened to be Labor Day and so I went to the doctor on Tuesday. Since I had low progesterone with Cole, the doctor wanted me to come in right away. As they performed a sonogram, we could see the egg sac and everything seemed normal. They took blood and sent me on my merry way. I knew that God was blessing us with our second child. Then - I got the terrible call at school from Dr. Banks that Wednesday telling me that I had a "blighted ovum." That's when the egg implants but doesn't grow. I would have to have a DNC. Devastated as I drive home from school that day, I could feel God's hand on my shoulder, telling me "I'm the great giver and taker of life. Trust Me!" I remember raising my hands in the car that day - declaring that I will praise Him no matter what. At that time, I taught 4th grade. Our community suffered a great tragedy as we lost 3 of our cheerleaders in a car accident. I had Whitney Chanel Bradford's little brother, Dylan, in my class. I remember God's words: "I'm the great giver and taker of life." He gives and takes away for He knows the plans for us. God was telling me He was in control. I had already decided that I would not have a DNC. The next week the doctor had me come in for one last sonar before scheduling a DNC. When the nurse placed the equipment on my tummy - there she was - bright, healthy, flash of a heart beat. I named our baby girl Cortlyn Chanel Grace Williamson after those three girls. God told me that He was going to give me a girl. I knew long before her arrival. Everyone really thought I was crazy, absolutely insane. Now – they listen when I tell them God is telling me something. God is the ultimate giver and taker of life. Trust in Him with all your heart and understanding and He will direct your paths. Miracles happen. God is good all the time even in our darkest hours. Love you!

Katy said...

Amy.. I did not know your story. What a testimony of faith. That truly is a miracle. Thanks for sharing your story with me. I am giving it all to Him.. it's just too much for anyone to have to deal with. Thanks for the prayers.. I miss you my sweet friend. Can't wait to see you this summer!