Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Christmas to remember and Exciting news...


Christmas came early for us! Thursday was my 15 week doctors appointment and we got to see our sweet baby on the screen and find out what little one was. It was an exciting day for sure. The baby was moving all around, waving to us, and even trying to suck it's thumb.. just like momma! =) Jamie coudn't be there so mom and I turned our heads when she could tell the sex and she put the ultrasound pics in a sealed envelope for Jamie and I to open together that night. Here's a few that we did get to see cause we couldn't tell what little one was.






I couldn't believe I didn't peek and look. As soon as I got home, I wrapped the envelope up and then the waiting began. I tried to wait paitently all day.. and it was soo hard!

The best christmas present ever

When Jamie finally got home that night, I was dying to open it. He opened the box and then I immediately began to cry. I was so overcome with emotion. I couldn't believe this was really happening to us. We had waited so long for this and now it was finally here! God is so good!! Never doubt his timing or Him. He does have a plan!

About to open it..

As we opened the envelope together and opened the ultrasound, I couldn't believe it.. Our sweet little baby was... A GIRL!! I was soo excited. I have always wanted a little girl! My niece Hannah will have a little friend to play with and my sweet momma will be doing lots of sewing!!





We love you so much already!

Now we can finally call her "she" and we are working hard on the name too. We've almost got it narrowed down! We decided to wait and tell Jamie's side of the family all together on Christmas morning and they were so excited too!
Nana opening up her present!


Nana gave her the sweetest little gown that says "Life is a gift"
Of course, my momma couldn't wait that long. So, we called them that night and shared the news with my parents. We also called my brother and sister in law and told them. It was such an exciting day and one that we will never forget. The best Christmas present ever!! Thank you Lord for blessing us with this amazing little miracle girl! We can't wait to meet her soon!

3 comments:

cindy said...

Congratulations Katie!! She will be the cutest dressed little girl around with Mimi's creations.

Cindy McCarthy

Sandra White said...

Congratulations, Katie and Jamie. I know how thrilled you must be to have a girl cousin for Hannah to play with and another girl for Mimi to sew for. You continue to be in our prayers as you prepare for "her" arrival!
Love,
Sandra

TBG said...

so exciting!!!!! you got me teary for you! hahaha start saving up now... girls totally have cuter clothes than boys do :) have fun shopping!!!