Friday, June 15, 2012

Burkleigh Ann is 1

On the day you were born, it was love at first sight.
I welcomed you, Burkleigh Ann and held you so tight.
My heart simply grew bigger in size,
the first time I looked into your sweet blue eyes.
Hope and happiness danced in the air.
Joy filled my heart and spread everywhere.
I made a promise to you on that very day.
This, my precious child, is what I had to say...
I will always love you!!
I'll cherish the things that are uniquely you, 
Your talents, your hopes and your wishes too.
I'll rock you to sleep as I sing you a song.
I'll read you stories as you follow along.
I'll show you the beauty of the stars in the sky.
My love will be with you as the years go by.
I'll teach you to see life from different points of view.
And be there to help make your dreams come true.
The world became a more wonderful place
The moment I saw your beautiful face!

Thanks to the sweet book, Welcome little One by Sandra Magsamen for some of these sweet words.
This is one of B's favorite books and I just love it!

It's hard to believe its been a year since we welcomed you into our family!
You've made me a mommy and a better person.
I never knew I could love someone like I do you.
You truly make my heart so happy.
We are blessed to be your parents and we love you so much!
Happy First Birthday Baby Girl!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Happy Happy 1st Birthday sweet Burkleigh!!!!