Sunday, June 10, 2012

What's New...

*I seem to have fallen off the blogging bandwagon lately.  I've been trying to get some things done around the house and we really haven't done anything too exciting.

*Jamie was off all last week so it was nice to have daddy around during the week.  B sure does love her daddy and I am so thankful for his help. Its nice to be able to run errands during nap time by myself  if  I need too.  I had forgotten how easy it is to just jump out of the car and run in somewhere.  Yay for daddy time!  He is the best!
My outside girl

*We took a trip to the galleria and B and her daddy got to ride the carosel.  She wasn't too big of a fan this time.  
*We've enjoyed some lunch dates outside together and a little park fun.  Its just too hot to be out there for very long.  Daddy has gotten the whole house and back deck pressure washed and it looks so much better! He also planted some new bushes out front and added new mulch.. it looks so much nicer!

Waving to the ducks

 * B has learned how to stick out her tongue really far and it cracks me up.  I've been saying yuck and she will stick it out real far or if I do it, she will copy me.  Its too funny!
*We started our summer music class this past Wednesday.  Its a sign and sing class and its fun learning some new sign language.  I've been signing eat, more and finished with B since she was about 5 months old and she can do more and finished and its the cutest thing.  When she signs more it ends up being more clapping than touching your fingers but she still gets the concept.  It's amazing what they really do understand!
Lovie made it into the bath tub this week. So sweet! 
*She's also decided to go back to taking 2 naps lately.  Not sure where that has come from but for the past few days shes gone down around 10 and 3.  It's been quite nice but I'm worried she's gonna be super fussy at MDO in a few weeks.  We'll see.. she's turned into a little shy thing lately and she definitely has to warm up to people so I'm praying she's going to do okay.

*We had family pictures/1st birthday pictures made this past Friday. You just never know how they are going to turn out when you are dealing with little ones but for the most part B did really well and I can't wait to see the rest of them.  Here's a sneak peak at some of them.. II love how they turned out! She was so funny when she was eating her cake.  I wish we would have had the video camera.  So cute!



*It's hard to believe she will be one on Friday!  Her party is Saturday and I'm looking forward to celebrating  with family and friends.  Its been a fun, stressful, scary, hard, and BEST year of our lives and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I feel incredibly emotional but so blessed for this precious gift from God.
*I haven't found much time to read but I can't wait to finish Fifty Shades and read Bloom next. What an incredible story this momma has to tell.  I know I'll need my tissues handy.

*AND....how  could I forget.  B is now a big girl and drinking milk.  Yay!  No more formula!  My baby really is growing up.  Its bittersweet.. We made the switch yesterday and she's doing okay.  She hasn't drank a whole lot of it but she seems to be okay without it.  I'm hoping to get rid of all the bottles except the night time one for now.  If we can just get her to drink it out of her cup, we'll be good.  Shes only drinking a little of it at a time and she really would rather drink water.  We'll see...
She's also tried eggs and peanut butter. She did okay with both of them and said "yum" the whole time she was eating it.  

No comments: