Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Daddy's day to this awesome pop! He is definitly one of a kind. I LOVE my daddy! Words can't express how much he means to me. I know my daddy is always there if I need him and I am so thankful that my parents are just a few miles up the road. They mean the world to me and I am so blessed and thankful for them each day. My mom and dad will celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary in August. Wow! That's alot...and they were high school sweethearts.. Such a sweet story! I admire both of them soo much and I thank God for allowing them to be my parents. I have learned so much from them and I couldn't imagine life without them!

We've been busy around the house too. Jamie finished installing our new storm door and I love it! I love being able to leave the front door open to see out. And.. it keeps the dog off the furniture. So, that's a plus! Jamie also put out some new pinestraw in the backyard. It looks much better! Our next project is trying to get the yard landscaped.. I swear it is a never ending project when you buy a new house.

My new lamps came in and I love them in the living room. I also found some other super cute lamps from TJ Maxx for my buffet table. I love them too. So cute. I still haven't found curtains yet but I am thinking about getting a light green, baby blue or creme. I'm trying to decide... decisions, decisions!
I have been enjoying going to the pool and having lunch with sweet friends that I don't get to see very much! It has been fun! Looking forward to our vacation in 2 weeks.. woo hoo! Where has the time gone? I can't believe June is almost over already.. summer please slow down!! Hope you are having a good one too!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the new lamps! The TJ Maxx lamps are super cute too! I want to come see your house!

Katy said...

aw..thanks E! I think they are pretty cute myself.. anytime you want to come.. come on girl! It's nothing fancy.. but I do love it! =)

Shelly Powers said...

looks good... love the lamps... and you too! :)