Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial weekend at the lake..

Me with the cutest niece and nephews in the world!

It was a great weekend at the lake! Despite the weather.. it was sunny, rainy, then sunny some more, then rain again.. it wasn't the best but we got to hang out with some of my favorite people!
So glad they were able to make the trip down for the weekend. It was a short trip but we had a lot of fun catching up, laughing, celebrating my Pappy's 85th birthday, swinging in the hammock, riding the seadoos, catching fireflies, riding the pontoon boat, playing baseball, sliding down the slip in slide, playing Uno, cooking lobsters, playing DS, eating yummy watermelon, laughing some more, playing carnvial, riding on the paddleboat, playing in the water, watching Pops and Chad "try" to ski, eating lobster, fishing, blowing bubbles, dancing, laughing so hard our sides hurt, taking lots of pictures, and making memories together! It was a great weekend. My Nanny and Pappy were able to come down on Saturday for a little b'day party for my Pappy. My aunt and uncle and two cousins came down for the day too. We had a full house but it was a fun time. It's always sad when the kids have to go back home but they are still in school for 2 more weeks. Mom was able to make the trip back with them.. lucky mom. She will be there a week and will get to hang out with the babies while Chad and Heather take a little weekend getaway. I'm sure they will be back some this summer and I'll be making a trip up there too. Looking forward to many more great times together this summer. I wish they were closer! Much love! Here's our weekend in pictures:

Mimi and the kiddos


Hannah Rose showing off her new Notably You tshirt.

This was the best pic I could get in their new shirts. Chase
didn't like his as much as Hannah did. =(


Look at all the lightning bugs!


I just love this little man, Carter Henry.

My little Uno champ, Chase. He learned how to play this weekend
and quickly became addicted. "Can we please play Uno again"

Yummy watermelon.. carter loved it the most! What a mess!

Pops trying to ski and he did it..he did the tube too.. can't
believe my crazy dad!

My crazy dad acting like he is a teenager!


My brother, Chad and my dad. They were both troopers
and showed their stuff skiing and tubing. I can't believe they
could still do it.


Dad used the pressure washer to write the kids names on the
sidewalks.. so cute!





We had fun on the paddleboat!


Me and my precious nephew, Chase


I love these kiddos.. every lake house needs a hammock!


Carter man loved the slip in slide with Ella Kate.


He just laughed and laughed the whole time!


Hubs caught a big ole bass! He was so proud! Good job, honey!


Happy Birthday Pappy.. we love you! Check out the cake
that Hannah Rose decorated..


Yes.. we had to cook these two yucky things that hubby brought
down.. they thought it was good.. me, not so much.


Mom bought the kids these new shirts and they loved them..
they wanted to wear them all weekend..


Hannah Rose loved the bubble light blower.
And.. how could I forget that Hannah locked the keys in the car and we had to call a locksmith to come help us get the keys out.. not a cheap thing either..especially on a holiday weekend. Then, Jamie lost his keys too and we searched high and low for at least a few hours.. I was about to give up..when he checked his pockets again for the uptenth time and low and behold they were in there. Ha! It made for lots of laughing! Hope you had a great one too!

No comments: