Sunday, June 27, 2010

More Projects...

We had another busy weekend around the house. I can't believe we haven't been to the lake in 2 weeks but we'll be there this weekend for the 4th. One of my little projects was to hang curtains for the living room. Goodness..who knew it would be such a project. I couldn't decide on what color I wanted. So, I brought home one panel of each color to help me see what would look better. (red, blue green, light blue and cream) As you can see...the cream won and I do love them. They aren't completely finished yet. I still have 2 more panels to buy for the middle section. But, I went ahead and got 2 for now until pay day next week! =) Who knew how hard it would be to hang the silly things.. Mom and Dad and my aunt, Deanna (who happened to be in town) came over Saturday night for dinner and to help me hang the curtains. I needed my momma's help! Jamie made us a yummy steak dinner and we finally got the curtains up. I think it just adds so much to the room! Thanks mom and dad for your help!

We also planted some flowers in the flower bed out front. I have been wanting a hydrangea and we finally found one. I just love it! I hope that I can take care of it and not kill it. We'll see..
We also bought a few day lilies since they were on sale and planted them in the front bed. I know they won't live much longer but they sure are pretty.
We also bought some crepe myrtles and planted them along the side of the fence. I think they are so pretty too.. I can't wait to see them bloom. We may have to move them if they get too big!
I also came across these cute little letters at Hobby Lobby the other day. Now that we have the storm door..I can't put my cute little wreaths, or buckets on my front door anymore. =( So, I was trying to think of something I could add. I put our initals in the 3 windows.. what do you think?
Next weekend we will be hanging out at the lake for the 4th and then we are off to Point Clear for the week to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Shelly Powers said...

looks good... as i was looking at the pictures inside i realized i have never seen your new furniture either...it will look like a whole new house the next time i see it! :)

Bre said...

LOVE the initials...cute!!

melanie said...

Everything is coming together beautifully! I know you are having fun getting it all together! You can buy a suction cup with a hook on it to put your wreaths and buckets on....just a thought because I know you have some cute ones. I love the hydrangea. Where did you get it? I've been saying now for a year that I'm getting a couple for our yard. You know it may change colors. At least that's what I was told. The color of the bloom varies based on the PH in the soil. They are so pretty. Your house is lovely!

Christy said...

I love the initials on the door and the curtains! I enjoyed dinner lastnight...cannot wait to do it again=)