Friday, August 13, 2010

It was my birthday..


Yesterday was my birthday and it was the first day of school! The big 32 and I must say this was the first time ever that school has started on my actual birthday. It was a crazy day but we all survived, made it home in one piece, no one cried, no one had any accidents, I didn't lose anyone and we all had fun so I guess that means it was a good day! I always look forward to the first day to see all the kids in their new outfits, new shoes, backpacks, lunchboxes, haircuts. It is just so fun! I love seeing my former kiddos and seeing how much they have changed too. They do grow up fast. I'm looking forward to getting to know all 21 of my little kindergarteners this year. I think we have a good group. They were so sweet to me yesterday telling me happy birthday all day long and one mom even surprised me with an Auburn cookie cake. It was yummy! Last night, we went to dinner at Lucia's with my parents and had some yummy strawberry cake too. It was delicious..and my super sweet SIL suprised me with a cheesecake factory cake that was oh so yummy too. So, I have definitely eaten good the past few days. =)

Doesn't that look scrumptious?
Hubby suprised me with a new pair of jeans. Just what I wanted.. so, thanks babe! I got lots of sweet cards, emails, and facebook messages that made my day even more special. The best one was from my sweet niece singing me happy birthday on my voicemail. It was so dang cute.. I had to save it in case I need a pick me up one day. I love that child!
Jamie has been off work all week so it's been nice to come home and not have to worry about dinner every night. I told him that was his thing this week and he has done a good job everynight. One less thing to have to worry about at the beginning of school. It's been a crazy week. Looking forward to celebrating with friends and family this weekend!

No comments: