Sunday, September 19, 2010

Couponing and AU Football


On Thursday, I went to a couponing 101 class with Jenny from Southern Savers. It was helpful and overwhelming all at once. I am new to all this couponing stuff but my goal is to try to do better about saving money. If we can cut money in groceries, thats just more money for something else fun! So, we'll see how I do. Basically she does all the dirty work for you. You just go to her site and she will tell you all the good deals and you print off the coupons. The best way to save the most money is on the BOGO free items. If you use a store coupon with a manufactured coupon then you can really save the most money. It does make sense. I just hope I can do it. She saves over $400 a month on groceries and she does have 3 kiddos, so I am not counting on saving that much, but even a little bit would be nice. Wish me luck..I'll keep you posted.

In other news, the Auburn Tigers played Clemson last night and we WON!! Another nail biter game and OT but at least we won.. 27-24. A win is a win and I'm so glad we did it. I wish we could of been in AU, but we had a fun AU party at our house with friends and family. It was a lot of fun. Yummy food, football and friends.. can't get better than that! War Eagle!! I even made bakerella's famous cake pops.. I was really impressed with myself! I thought they turned out cute and they were delicious. Hubs grilled some yummy hamburger sliders and we had hashbrown casserole, and green bean bundles too!

All the sweets..
The cake pops...
Who knew they made football oreos.. cute!
And football shaped tortilla chips.. they sure do!

Erin, me and Diane

Jamie and Shane

John, Shane and Bryan

All the girls.. Simin, Erin, me Diane, and Jodi (Melissa had to leave early)

Jodi and Chris

No comments: